Media Library error RRS feed

• Question

• the media streaming in the web interface does not appear to be working, it works in a local network. when i log on to the web interface, it says 'please wait' with the spinny circle and then it says 'An error has occurred on the server. Please try again later. If the error continues, please call Technical Support.'

I have tried restarting the server and restarting 'windows media network sharing service' doing both of these made no difference.

any ideas? and yes media streaming is turned on.

thanks

ali

Monday, July 12, 2010 1:08 PM

Answers

• Could you submit a bug remote on Connect? Also, have you tried from the same location using a different computer? Have you tried with the same computer you're seeing the issue on from a different location that's not part of your local network?
    I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    Monday, July 12, 2010 1:10 PM

All replies

• Could you submit a bug remote on Connect? Also, have you tried from the same location using a different computer? Have you tried with the same computer you're seeing the issue on from a different location that's not part of your local network?
    I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    Monday, July 12, 2010 1:10 PM
  • thanks Ken,

yes i have tried on a different computer (on the same newtork and one a different network) and i still get the same error.

ok i will submit a bug remote

thanks

Tuesday, July 13, 2010 10:06 AM
  • I just downloaded the Vail beta and I have the exact same problems. Is there already more known about this issue?

btw: I'm running the server as a virtual machine on a ESXi 4.1 host.

Wednesday, October 13, 2010 4:57 PM
  • I just installed the latest WHS 2011 RC Build 7601 and confirmed that the problem occured  with pictures that exceeds 1331 files.

Saturday, March 5, 2011 12:07 PM
  • Seems the issue is still present on RTM :(
    Monday, May 2, 2011 5:39 AM