Citrix Issue: Microsoft Project 2010 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Guys,

I am in bit of dilemma here. When I access the MPP 2010 through citrix server, it gets crashed when choosing an account pops up. Though it works, when i check on the Citrix Server itself through remote access.

Any help!!!

Friday, August 19, 2011 7:13 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi GanuInMumbai,

what error you get? Client Crash without error dialog? Have you check in event viewer of the citrix server?

If MPP 2010 works fine on remote access and not via Citrix, so, maybe, there is a problem maybe related to the mapping of client cache directory.

Have you try to open MPP 2010 using "computer" account? It works fine also via citrix?

Another thing: Have you any custom vba script in enterprise global? Maybe there's some references that not work fine via CITRIX.

I hope these can helps you,

Best Regards

Paolo O.

Friday, August 19, 2011 9:44 PM
  • Did you login using different windows account and check the status?

Clean the cache folder and rename the enterprise global, later check the behaviour.

IE settings are different when you login into the server than login through Citrix. Check the group policy.

Cheers. Happy troubleshooting !!! Sriram E - MSFT Enterprise Project Management
    Monday, August 22, 2011 10:41 AM
  • I've noticed this issue in MS Proj Prof 2007 on a Citrix. Review this old MSP 2007 article.

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc197719(office.12).aspx

Check these also

• Does it work for anyone citrix user?
    • Chek the cache location and check for permissions and cache size - File > Options > Save > Cache
    • By any chance do you have load balanced Citrix server or is it single instance of Citrix?

Faisal Masood – PMP

www.FaisalMasood.com | www.Softvative.com | www.epmadmin.com

Blog | Twitter | YouTube 

Monday, August 22, 2011 9:50 PM