none
MOC Contacts missing phone numbers. abserver -testphonenorm 7007 -> failed to normalize number. RRS feed

• Question

• I seem to be having a bit of a problem with the address book on my OCS R2 Server. When I use the utility command abserver -testphonenorm I receive the following message

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office Communications Server 2007 R2\Server\Core>abserver -testphonenorm 7007
    args[1]: 7007
    7007 -> failed to normalize number.

The immediate conclusion that would jump to mind is that the normalization rules are incorrect. But I've tested the single rule I've defined with the Route Helper tool and it gave me the all clear.

The rule I've defined in the Company_Phone_Number_Normalization_Rules.txt file located at C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office Communications Server 2007 R2\Web Components\Address Book Files\Files is

^(\d{4})$
    +120655$1

However in the resulting Invalid_AD_Phone_Numbers file I can see all my non E164 formated Active Directory contacts. i.e. All our AD Contacts have 4 digit phone numbers.

The MOC client in turn will download GalContacts. This file will contact the contact's phone numbers i.e. 7007. But in MOC no contact numbers are available.

Note: The MOC client has no synchronization warning or error messages. The normalization rule in the client's registry is

E164
    null
    \++(\d+)([\s()\-\./]+(\d+))?([\s()\-\./]+(\d+))?([\s()\-\./]+(\d+))?([\s()\-\./]+(\d+))?([\s()\-\./]+(\d+))?([\s()\-\./]+(\d+))?([\s()\-\./]+(\d+))?([\s()\-\./]+(\d+))?([\s()\-\./]+(\d+))?([\s()\-\./]+(\d+))?\s*[Xx]+(\d{1,15})[\s]*
    +$1$3$5$7$9$11$13$15$17$19$21;ext=$22
    \++(\d+)([\s()\-\./]+(\d+))?([\s()\-\./]+(\d+))?([\s()\-\./]+(\d+))?([\s()\-\./]+(\d+))?([\s()\-\./]+(\d+))?([\s()\-\./]+(\d+))?([\s()\-\./]+(\d+))?([\s()\-\./]+(\d+))?([\s()\-\./]+(\d+))?([\s()\-\./]+(\d+))?[\s]*
    +$1$3$5$7$9$11$13$15$17$19$21

I'm not sure if this is correct or not but it seems a little suspicious.

While trying to debug this problem I can across the UseNormalizationRules WMI property (http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb967671.aspx). I decided to check this out and found that the property was set to null. I changed it to a non-null value of True but this does not seem to have made any difference.

If anybody has any suggestions or, fingers crossed, the solution I'd be really grateful. This issue has really begun to annoy me.

Monday, April 5, 2010 8:33 PM