External file share URL RRS feed

• Question

• Is it possible to change the external file share URL after deployment?

Monday, October 15, 2007 9:50 PM

Answers

• Thanks...I did find this today and was able to change it. I suppose you have to actually read the documentation at some point ;-)

To configure the external Web farm FQDN

1.      Log on to the Standard Edition server or Enterprise Edition server in the pool with an account that is a member of RTCUniversalServerAdmins group or has equivalent permissions.

2.      Open a command-line prompt.

3.      Navigate to the \Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Office Communications Server 2007 directory.

4.      To set the external URL for the Web farm, type the following command:

Lcscmd /web /action:updateexternalpoolurls /externalwebfqdn:<WebfarmFQDN> /poolname:<poolname>

For example:

Lcscmd /web /action:updateexternalpoolurls /externalwebfqdn:contoso.com /poolnameStick out tongueool2

Friday, October 19, 2007 6:24 AM

All replies

• You can do this

1. Export configuration: LCSCMD /Config /Action:export /ConfingFile:c:\Settings.XML /Level:Global

2. Change URLs in Settings.xml

3. Import configuration: LCSCMD /Config /Action:import /ConfingFile:c:\Settings.XML /Level:Global

Deli
    Thursday, October 18, 2007 10:12 PM
  • Thanks...I did find this today and was able to change it. I suppose you have to actually read the documentation at some point ;-)

To configure the external Web farm FQDN

1.      Log on to the Standard Edition server or Enterprise Edition server in the pool with an account that is a member of RTCUniversalServerAdmins group or has equivalent permissions.

2.      Open a command-line prompt.

3.      Navigate to the \Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Office Communications Server 2007 directory.

4.      To set the external URL for the Web farm, type the following command:

Lcscmd /web /action:updateexternalpoolurls /externalwebfqdn:<WebfarmFQDN> /poolname:<poolname>

For example:

Lcscmd /web /action:updateexternalpoolurls /externalwebfqdn:contoso.com /poolnameStick out tongueool2

Friday, October 19, 2007 6:24 AM
  • This is not the answer. Lcscmd.exe reports that /action:updateexternalpoolurls is not a valid ACTION argument.

Tuesday, June 10, 2008 3:46 PM
  • Documentation is incorrect in the guide

You have to use this command

Lcscmd /web /action:updatepoolurls /externalwebfqdn:<ExternalFQDN> /poolname:<poolname>

Thursday, June 12, 2008 3:34 PM