Is there an update list somewhere? RRS feed

• Question

•  

I have been having troubles with my live one care for a few days now, at first it was glowing red and telling me the firewall was turned off, it wouldnt turn windows firewall on, I couldnt do it from the control panel either, until I stuffed around and used cleanup tools, restarted etc. NOW that has disappeared and apparently firewall is back.

Its still glows red, this time only one warning - cannot update required updates. Then a box appears telling me update will begin and not to reboot while it happens.... but when i click ok it disappears and seconds later the red one care icon is flashing in my tray. No update, just a merry go round.

Is there a screen I can go to which tells me which version I have on what updates I require? As with the XP service pack upgrade screen on Microsoft?

I know nothing about this stuff and have no interest in knowing, I just wanna know my computer is protected. help!!!! (And where the hell, are there numbers to call for help??? Oh I have tried, I have searched, and there arent any. The mere fact that my internet facilities may be compromised because of the problems with the product, mean I dont want to USE ONLINE HELP DO  I !!!??)

Sunday, February 3, 2008 4:58 AM

Answers

• I had the same problem on two PC's after the update.  This is how I resolved it:

On the XP machine, I uninstalled WOC and reinstalled it and the problem was resolved.  It brought the current WOC version to 2.0.2500.22.

On my Vista Ultimate PC, I had to run the cleanup tool (make sure you disable the UAC or it will not run) and after a reboot, I was able to reinstall to the 2.0.2500.22 version.  Another PC in my circle was unaffected by this update.  ???

Hope this helps....................

BTW, my version that was having this problem was 2.0.2500.14

Sunday, February 3, 2008 3:16 PM
  •  Artolicus wrote:

ALSO - when I click on the HELP suggestions in Live One Care Next to the warning that I cannot install the latest required updates from Microsoft - Its says "reset permissions for One Care", and when I click on that, a MSDOS data box pops up (2actually) and then disappear. Thanks for sweet nothing.

Sorry to read that you're having problems updating OneCare.

You can reach support per the instructions here - 

How to reach support (FAQ) - http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2421771&SiteID=2

Within this post you will find a link to a database reset tool that may resolve the update problem - 

Information to help troubleshoot and resolve update problems -

http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=1286736&SiteID=2

-steve

Monday, February 4, 2008 2:01 PM

All replies

•  

ALSO - when I click on the HELP suggestions in Live One Care Next to the warning that I cannot install the latest required updates from Microsoft - Its says "reset permissions for One Care", and when I click on that, a MSDOS data box pops up (2actually) and then disappear. Thanks for sweet nothing.
    Sunday, February 3, 2008 5:19 AM
  • I had the same problem on two PC's after the update.  This is how I resolved it:

On the XP machine, I uninstalled WOC and reinstalled it and the problem was resolved.  It brought the current WOC version to 2.0.2500.22.

On my Vista Ultimate PC, I had to run the cleanup tool (make sure you disable the UAC or it will not run) and after a reboot, I was able to reinstall to the 2.0.2500.22 version.  Another PC in my circle was unaffected by this update.  ???

Hope this helps....................

BTW, my version that was having this problem was 2.0.2500.14

Sunday, February 3, 2008 3:16 PM
  •  Artolicus wrote:

Sorry to read that you're having problems updating OneCare.

You can reach support per the instructions here - 

How to reach support (FAQ) - http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2421771&SiteID=2

Within this post you will find a link to a database reset tool that may resolve the update problem - 

Information to help troubleshoot and resolve update problems -

http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=1286736&SiteID=2

-steve

Monday, February 4, 2008 2:01 PM