Any special settings I need to set windows live oneCare to run word of warecraft RRS feed

• Question

• What settings should be activated to operate World of Warcraft?  Seem to be having some trouble getting it to run, and wondering if Windows One Live care may be blocking it.  Thanks
    Friday, April 30, 2010 11:15 PM

Answers

All replies

• Try adding the game executable to the firewall allow list. If that does not work you can contact support for help. How to reach support - http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/onecareinstallandactivate/thread/30400b52-7f26-4ba0-bc18-17e305329d90

Jim

Microsoft MVP Consumer Security - Forum Moderator - Live One Care - Live Mesh - Microsoft Security Essentials
    Sunday, May 2, 2010 1:46 PM
  • What settings should be activated to operate World of Warcraft?  Seem to be having some trouble getting it to run, and wondering if Windows One Live care may be blocking it.  Thanks

My wife is an avid World of Warcraft user and she was also a OneCare user until Early this year when we put Microsoft Security Essentials on her new Windows 7 PC. With OneCare and XP, she had no issues at all with World of Warcraft. There were no settings to make in OneCare manually. OneCare's firewall prompted for the update mechanism to be granted access, but that was all. It just worked. So, I suggest that you contact Blizard support first, but perhaps disabling to OneCare firewall (Change Settings, Firewall) to confirm that it still doesn't work with the firewall off.

-steve

~ Microsoft MVP Windows Live ~ Windows Live OneCare| Live Mesh|MS Security Essentials Forums Moderator ~
    Monday, May 3, 2010 12:12 PM