CRM 4.0 imports stuck 'waiting for resources' RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

we have recently set up a new installation of CRM 4.0. The problem I am having is that our data imports seem to be stuck with the reason being 'waiting for resources'. I have checked that the Asynchronous Service is indeed running and I am at a loss as to why this is not running. The server that CRM is running on also hosts the SQL database and when i have checked in Task Manager the processor is hardly being used and there is plenty of memory. Any help or advice is gratefully recieved.

Thursday, October 2, 2008 1:33 PM

Answers

• I was able to resolve this problem by reinstalling CRM, this time ensuring that there were no host headers for the default website. The installation was clean this time and the Organisation status was shown as Enabled. Now imports run fine. Smile

Wednesday, October 8, 2008 10:30 AM

All replies

• Hi

Have you looked at System Jobs to see if they are running properly?  We had a similar thing happen whereby Matchcode Update jobs were all sitting there with the status of waiting.  I also couldn't import anything in using CRM's built in import facility.  Turns out we had an issue with our CRM installation communicating with our SQL box.  Anyway, one thing you could try is using the Microsoft Dynamic CRM 4.0 Data Migration Manager.  Sorry you didn't say which facility you were using to do the import so I assumed you were using the built in facility.

Hope that helps,

Douglas

Thursday, October 2, 2008 1:54 PM
  • First of all many thanks for your reply. All of the system jobs are either waiting or waiting for resources. I am using the in built import data facility to import a test leads file. I have done some more looking around and have noticed that the Organisation Status is Pending and not Enabled in the deployment manager. Is this a failed installation?

Thursday, October 2, 2008 2:03 PM
  • Hi again

From what you just said it sounds remarkably similar to the issue we had.  I'm no SQL guru and this was a few months back so my memory is a little hazy but if memory serves me correctly our issue had something to do with the Service Principal Name (SPN) for our SQL Server instance.  When I installed CRM I used an account other than the Domain's Network Services account to allow CRM to connect to SQL server (don't ask why).  Anyway, what we had to do was add an SPN for the account I had specified on the SQL Server so that CRM could communicate with it.  Sorry, my explanation is probably a bit poor but like I said I'm no SQL guru so best chat to someone with that kind of knowledge for some advice.

Regards,

Douglas

Thursday, October 2, 2008 2:31 PM
  • I was able to resolve this problem by reinstalling CRM, this time ensuring that there were no host headers for the default website. The installation was clean this time and the Organisation status was shown as Enabled. Now imports run fine. Smile

Wednesday, October 8, 2008 10:30 AM
  • Hi

I am sure we had issues with host headers as well at some point so lucky you being able to reinstall your installation.  Glad you managed to sort it out.

Cheers,

Douglas

• Proposed as answer by DonScheer Tuesday, July 28, 2009 4:54 AM
    Wednesday, October 8, 2008 4:08 PM
  • Douglas,

I know this is last year, but we are having the exact same issue after installing CRM 4.0 and Update Rollout 3.  All our system jobs seem to stay in the "waiting" status, specifically the Matchcode Update processes.  We have tried to do come customization to some of the entities, and import of data but all these just get piled on the waiting system jobs.

I've read numerous articles about the SQL communication and have tried all suggestions but still unable to make this work
    (http://www.sadev.co.za/node/155) is one.. This is also affecting ability for clients to connect via the Outlook utility.

Also, I'd like to note our CRM and associated SQL server are both running on the same server.  We did not install CRM on the default website - rather it has its own site on IIS.

If you have a moment, could you advise what you did to get this working? I'd sincerely appreciate any tips.! Thx.

Wednesday, March 18, 2009 2:04 PM
  • rich-g,

Did you ever figure out a resolution to your issue?  I am in almost the same boat as you... can't figure out what is wrong.  Try to import files, they are stuck as "waiting".. I have these Mathcode Updates (not even sure what they are?), and our Outlook Utility has errors connecting.

I have run http://support.microsoft.com/kb/950416 with no luck.  Thanks!
    Wednesday, June 17, 2009 9:56 PM