Difference b/w All tasks,selected tasks and send timesheet. RRS feed

• Question

• I have set the timesheet period of one day.

1st Question:

-----------------

but when the user submit the task of one day . in which normal tasks and administrative tasks.

I dont understand after rejection from the project manager . the hours still appears on timesheet in black color. why they didnt disappear.

2nd question :

tell me difference between

Send Status

---------------

All tasks

Selected Tasks

Submit Timesheet

Wednesday, December 19, 2012 9:29 AM

All replies

• #1 - I believe they still appear to the Team Member with a Process Status of Rejected so that they can edit and resubmit. Otherwise, the team member has no idea what they submitted.

#2 - If you are using Single Entry mode, Send Status only sends the task update without sending the timesheet. The scenario is applicable if the PM needs to report on the project on Wednesday and needs the latest but timesheets only go in on Friday.  All tasks will determine which tasks were updated and send those updates. Selected tasks will only send the tasks you check. Submit timesheet sends both assignment updates and timesheet line updates and locks the timesheet.

Treb Gatte | @tgatte | http://AboutMSProject.com

Thursday, December 27, 2012 12:37 AM
  • But we are using 30 days time reporting periods of one month.

If the project manager rejected the one day hours of any user and user did'nt re-submit.

When the user try to enter hours on next day period but the status is still showing 'Rejected'.

Atleast when the user change the period then status must be disappear . because the project manager rejected the tasks on the previous period .

Pls tell me the solution.

Thursday, January 3, 2013 10:12 AM