Is anybody listening or reading email? RRS feed

• Question

• I have made several emails and initiated contact with the Connect Group for over a week now regarding the same issues and questions. They now tell me they have forwarded everything to the WHS group (but no response from them either). Is there anybody in the forums actually with Microsoft that can resolve my issue or point me in the right direction?

I had no issues until following a routine (and automated) update for my WHS Server. There was then an advisory about the update causing some authentication issues, so I downloaded the update which I believe was referred to as the "nahotfix". I recieved the update and the accompanying update and the associated password, in fact twice, due to the password expiring after 7 days. However I did not immediately experience the problem mentioned, and although asking repeatedly if I should go ahead and apply it (even though I didn't seem to be experiencing the problem) and no one responded.

Since then of course the password to apply the hotfix has expired once again. Multiple attempts to email nahostfix@microsoft.com (the email I was orginally given and recieved the hotfix from and the Connect group has validated as a valid microsoft email) to get a new password and have had no response. Evidently nobody is checking it any more or this hotfix does not exist anymore or is not needed?

Recently the problem that the hotfix was for, occurred on my Home Server system and unfortunately right after I was accepted to the Connect Team for beta testing of the Power Pack 1. So I asked them (Connect Team) if I needed to resolve this issue with the nahotfix before applying the Power Pack 1, or if I should just go ahead and apply it. No one can tell me. They can't even relate or track the issue number I was given for the nahotfx. They don't even know about the hotfix, they say it's from somewhere else in the Microsoft empire. Does anyone over there at Microsoft know which hand is doing what?

I am really frustrated and confused and I certainly don't want to jeopardize my data (Which supposedly it has been theoretically subject to loss since December). Almost like buying a car that is expected to blow up. So I guess I just need to dump Home Server, take the loss and setup a Linux server and get all my data off before I lose it. If someone can respond and tell me what to do, I would appreciate it, otherwise this is my last attempt! Thanks!

Best Regards,

Ed Rauch

LegalTek Computer Services

Tuesday, June 17, 2008 3:43 PM

Answers

• Hi Ed,

I was forwarded your mail this mornng and sent a reply to you directly.  I will see if I can locate any of your previous mails to be sure you get the answers you are looking for.

Thanks

Tuesday, June 17, 2008 7:40 PM

All replies

• Ed,

Sorry you appear to be having so many problems!

I think there are some disconnects between the differing departments regarding things like this.

If you can explain what the problem that your experiencing on your server is, maybe it would get a better answer on here, rather than trying to get a direct answer from Microsoft. There appear to be some knowledgeable people here, who could possibly sort it out.

Colin

Tuesday, June 17, 2008 5:47 PM
  • Hi Ed,

I was forwarded your mail this mornng and sent a reply to you directly.  I will see if I can locate any of your previous mails to be sure you get the answers you are looking for.

Thanks

Tuesday, June 17, 2008 7:40 PM