"What are we working on" status from LiveMesh team? RRS feed

• Question

•  Wish list is 100 page long now, can we get "we are workong on following items" blog entry or update? Would be nice to know what to look for in next release.
    Monday, June 9, 2008 4:58 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Three of the top requests we've received from the community are: 1) Remove the Vista UAC requirement; 2) Allow syncing between devices only, excluding the Live Desktop; 3) Add support for server operating systems.  We've been hard at work on all three of these requests, and I'm happy to report that the Vista UAC requirement should be removed next week.  We do not have timelines yet for (2) or (3), but we are working on them.

That's just a sample of the top customer requests that we've been working on.  We've also been working to resolve as many bugs as possible, of course.  Look for blog posts and forum announcements in the future for further updates!

Thanks,

Ben.
    Tuesday, June 10, 2008 5:46 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Three of the top requests we've received from the community are: 1) Remove the Vista UAC requirement; 2) Allow syncing between devices only, excluding the Live Desktop; 3) Add support for server operating systems.  We've been hard at work on all three of these requests, and I'm happy to report that the Vista UAC requirement should be removed next week.  We do not have timelines yet for (2) or (3), but we are working on them.

That's just a sample of the top customer requests that we've been working on.  We've also been working to resolve as many bugs as possible, of course.  Look for blog posts and forum announcements in the future for further updates!

Thanks,

Ben.
    Tuesday, June 10, 2008 5:46 PM
  • Let me just say that the way you (Live Mesh team) keep in touch with us is most appreciated. Quite a number of teams from MS have completly shut down any contact with the community lately, which has been frustrating to no end and at least in my case made me stop testing various bits and pieces. I am really happy to see that you find such a good balance between not telling everything but at the same time still keeping us in the loop, reacting to questions etc. Thanks!

Cheers,
    David
    Wednesday, June 11, 2008 8:44 AM
  • Hi David,

Thank you very much for the kind words!  We're working hard to build a great community as well as a great product.  I've passed your comment on to the entire team to let them know how much their work is appreciated.

Thanks again,

Ben.
    Wednesday, June 11, 2008 5:25 PM
  • Ben, I'll echo the sentiment. I appreciate the information being shared and the activity level of you and your fellow team members here in the forum.
    -steve
    Microsoft MVP Windows Live / Windows Live OneCare Forum Moderator
    Thursday, June 12, 2008 5:19 PM
  • Thanks for the update! I use Live Mesh every day and it keeps getting better. Thanks!
    Wednesday, June 18, 2008 12:58 PM
  • First off, this platform has a lot of potential, thanks for bringing it online. I agree that the level of communication is great. I was wondering if it woere any APIs available for app developmentuld be possible to give a list of future enhancements?

For example, when do you think smartphones can use this, are there any APIs for app development in the works?

will MS sell more space for this platform?

You are doing a  great job!

Guy
    Wednesday, June 18, 2008 2:17 PM
  • great communication & i already dont know what i would do without Live Mesh
    E Realtor
    Wednesday, June 18, 2008 2:40 PM
  • davidacoder said:

Let me just say that the way you (Live Mesh team) keep in touch with us is most appreciated. Quite a number of teams from MS have completly shut down any contact with the community lately, which has been frustrating to no end and at least in my case made me stop testing various bits and pieces. I am really happy to see that you find such a good balance between not telling everything but at the same time still keeping us in the loop, reacting to questions etc. Thanks!

Cheers,
    David

heheh....the Microsoft Live Messenger Beta Team is a prime example of a bunch of people that ignore the Beta Forum...That Beta is probably one of the worst for tech support that i have ever encountered...and i betatest a lot of MS products...
    Wednesday, June 18, 2008 5:32 PM
  • Finnius said:

davidacoder said:

Let me just say that the way you (Live Mesh team) keep in touch with us is most appreciated. Quite a number of teams from MS have completly shut down any contact with the community lately, which has been frustrating to no end and at least in my case made me stop testing various bits and pieces. I am really happy to see that you find such a good balance between not telling everything but at the same time still keeping us in the loop, reacting to questions etc. Thanks!

Cheers,
    David

heheh....the Microsoft Live Messenger Beta Team is a prime example of a bunch of people that ignore the Beta Forum...That Beta is probably one of the worst for tech support that i have ever encountered...and i betatest a lot of MS products...

seconded.  Someone from the live mesh team needs to go over there and show them how it's done.
    Friday, June 20, 2008 5:25 PM