Notify new users... RRS feed

• Question

• I want to create a workflow so that whenever I add a new user to give them access to the CRM, it automatically emails them using an email template. I basically just can't figure out how to populate the "To:" address with that of the new user.
    Thursday, July 17, 2014 2:54 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Try below,

HTH!

If this post answers your question, please click "Mark As Answer" on the post and "Mark as Helpful" 

• Marked as answer by nasyrax Friday, July 18, 2014 1:53 PM
    Friday, July 18, 2014 4:30 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Try below,

HTH!

If this post answers your question, please click "Mark As Answer" on the post and "Mark as Helpful" 

• Marked as answer by nasyrax Friday, July 18, 2014 1:53 PM
    Friday, July 18, 2014 4:30 AM
  • The only problem is how do I tell it to fire whenever a new user is created?
    Friday, July 18, 2014 12:18 PM
  • Hi,

You can create OOB workflow and trigger it on create of user.

HTH!

Friday, July 18, 2014 12:23 PM
  • in "Available to Run" I only have "As an on-demand process" and "As a child process" I'm using CRM 2011
    Friday, July 18, 2014 12:34 PM
  • Hi,

The above screen shot is of CRM 2013 where we have sync workflow. In CRM 2011 workflow runs in background only.

As you want the workflow should automatically trigger on the user creation, you just need to set "Start when" as "Record is created".

HTH!

Friday, July 18, 2014 12:41 PM
  • Worked like a charm! Thanks for the help!
    Friday, July 18, 2014 1:53 PM
  • Hi

If I understood your requirement clearly, you need to send email notification when user is getting access not when its getting created.

Only creation of an user account is not enough to access the application untill and unless and role is assigned. User may get email notification but wont be able to access the application which causes serious confusion among end users

So instead of triggering the workflow on user creation, its better to write a custom workflow or plugin to send email notification once the user gets created with a proper security role.

Hope I am able to answer you correctly

Monday, July 21, 2014 6:35 AM