none
SyncToy 2.1 & Premissionc RRS feed

• Question

• I have SyncToy 2.1 on my Windows 7 desktop Pc> When I sync with my Windows 7 Laptop accross my wireless LAN, any file that it tries to write on the Laptop fails due to access denied. I've checked that sharing is turnrd on on all directories in the pairs (Everyone, Full Control). Is there a system setting that I'm missing?
    Friday, January 29, 2010 5:51 PM

Answers

• HI TBrownfield,

Could you try to manually create a file or folder on you Win7 share folder?
    That will help us to check folder permission issue.

The synctoy should be work
    if manually operation is working.

Joey,
    Thanks.

Joey Liang
    Your potential our passion This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Thursday, February 4, 2010 1:56 AM

All replies

• HI TBrownfield,

Could you try to manually create a file or folder on you Win7 share folder?
    That will help us to check folder permission issue.

The synctoy should be work
    if manually operation is working.

Joey,
    Thanks.

Joey Liang
    Your potential our passion This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Thursday, February 4, 2010 1:56 AM
  • I tried, but couldn't add a new folder on the laptop from my desktop. I've looked at the permissions on both machines and it appears that everyone in my homegroup has full permissions. I haven't been able to find any more setup instructions for the permissions.
    Thursday, March 11, 2010 2:38 AM
  • interesting - I have the same problem when running sync toy against the main user folder of my wife on my Windows 7 machine. I created a sync pair for her but can't run it when under my profile, even though I am the system admin and have full rights.
    Thursday, March 11, 2010 4:12 AM