CRM 2011 Database login RRS feed

• Question

• I have  CRM 2011 and all was working fine at one point one of my users was trying to run a report and could not see the control options buttons

ie. canendar or select user option

but when I logged in as an admin I could so I thought it was a permission issue

now im having the same issue

come to find out some users can and some cant run reports  and these are OOTB and custom reports

now after looking around I found out it is a logon issue if I logon with some users mostly new one I can get reports

with older users I cant and I have cloned permissions of old users with new ones. it looks as if the some of the older users are trying to log into a different database then new ones how can I set where they log into

now the last thing I see is that if I logon with a user that can read the reports I get no errors in my event log, but if I logon with a user that cannot get the reports I get this error

The initialization of the CRM authentication pipline execution has failed for org mprocrm with a sql error: System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException (0x80131904): Cannot open database "XXXXXXXXX_MSCRM" requested by the login. The login failed.

Login failed for user 'NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE'.

I know I can change the permission for the Network Service account but I don't have that database anymore

The XXXXXXXX database was a test database that was deleted

Wednesday, May 21, 2014 12:11 PM

All replies

• 1. Make sure you are consistently logging into the same organization and the other users are doing the same when testing this.  Otherwise you are getting possible conflicting information.

2. Check the reporting group for CRM in Active Directory.  Is the user with the error showing in this group?  If not, then add them.  CRM checks this to make sure they can run reports.

3. Is this happening with out of the box reports (try running the user summary report)?  Or is this only happening with custom reports?

4. If this happens for all reports, try running the report from the report server.  The URL will be something like http://<reports server name>/reports . 

Jason Peterson

Wednesday, May 21, 2014 1:13 PM
  • I use IE 10 and Firefox

and with FireFox it asks me to login every time I just change the user I login with so I am sure it is the same organization.

I have also checked the reporting group in the AD and all users working and no-working are in there

yes this is happening with OOTB and custom reports

and yes I can run the reports for the reporting server

Thursday, May 22, 2014 11:41 AM
  • It sounds similar to (but may not be the same) an issue I ran into awhile back.

Thursday, May 22, 2014 11:58 AM
  • I have added the computer

even added some of the no-working users and restarted the server, still the same

I don't know if this bit of information will help but

we has several CRM organizations

the two main ones we use are

mproproduction

mprotraining

so naturally the urls are

mprocrm/mproproduction and mprocrm/mprotraining  (they are http:// sites)

if I type in my browser mprocrm and it asked me for a user I can put in an active working user and it will take me to production site, if I put in an active no-working user it kicks me to en error page or broken link page

Thursday, May 22, 2014 12:21 PM