windows 2000 pro and HP mediaSmart server RRS feed

• Question

•  

why i cannot connect windows 2000 pro sp4 and hpmediasmart server?
    Saturday, March 15, 2008 7:33 PM

Answers

• The Windows Home Server Connector software can only be installed on home computers running Windows XP and Windows Vista.  The home computer backup technologies use the Volume Snapshot functionality available in Windows XP and Windows Vista.  The Volume Snapshot capabilities are not available in Windows 2000.

You can use your Windows 2000 computer to access the Shared Folders on your home server, but you cannot install the Connector software.

Saturday, March 15, 2008 8:59 PM
  • Can you be a bit more specific with what you mean by "I cannot connect"?

if you mean you cannot install the WHS Connector software on your Windows 2000 pro OS, thats correct. Windows 2000 is not a supported operating system for the connector software.

Andrew

Saturday, March 15, 2008 9:02 PM
  • Thank you for the help

i will have to replace windows 2000

Saturday, March 15, 2008 10:10 PM

All replies

• The Windows Home Server Connector software can only be installed on home computers running Windows XP and Windows Vista.  The home computer backup technologies use the Volume Snapshot functionality available in Windows XP and Windows Vista.  The Volume Snapshot capabilities are not available in Windows 2000.

You can use your Windows 2000 computer to access the Shared Folders on your home server, but you cannot install the Connector software.

Saturday, March 15, 2008 8:59 PM
  • Can you be a bit more specific with what you mean by "I cannot connect"?

if you mean you cannot install the WHS Connector software on your Windows 2000 pro OS, thats correct. Windows 2000 is not a supported operating system for the connector software.

Andrew

Saturday, March 15, 2008 9:02 PM
  • Thank you for the help

i will have to replace windows 2000

Saturday, March 15, 2008 10:10 PM