Cannot Sync to Application Data Directory RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying to sync folders contained within C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data.  I have a peer network and have shared the folders but cannot access them from the 'other' computer.  Both computers have same login and password and I am an administrator.

Error message when creating the folder pair "Cannot create folder pair.  Directory <> does not exist."

Error message when trying to Explore to the shared directory \\xxx\xxx is not accessible.  You might not have permission to use the network resource.  Contact the admin...

Have un-hid the Application Data directory.  Have mapped the share.  Running XP Pro SP3.

Any workarounds?
    Wednesday, June 17, 2009 7:49 PM

Answers

• Hi -

If you are unable to reach a location using Windows Explorer - there is no way that SyncToy can get to that folder so you are going to have to fix that problem first. You say you have mapped the share - presumably to a drive letter so what happens if you so a "dir <driveletter>:"?. That should work - otherwise you should post this on the Windows forum and see if anyone can help you.

Thanks
    Deepa
    Deepa ( Microsoft Sync Framework)
    Thursday, June 18, 2009 12:50 AM