CRM 2013 - Mail Merge Fields Not Populating RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, 

I'm having a problem with the fields in our mail merge templates not populating automatically.  Every time I want to do a mail merge, I have to highlight each field in the merge document and re-insert them.  If I do that then I can preview my results and finish the mail merge with no issues.  It is not that big of a deal, but it is just an annoyance.  

Thank you for your help.

Friday, May 16, 2014 4:48 PM

All replies

• Hi lar595,

thank you for using Microsoft Forums and Communities. What is version of CRM and the browser are you using when the problem occurs? Has this once worked withou the issue you have documented? Have you tried to create a new merge template and test the behaviour with this template?

Nina Peneva
    Support Engineer
    Microsoft Dynamics CRM

Follow EMEA Microsoft Dynamics CRM Support on Twitter at https://twitter.com/MSDynCRMSupport

Wednesday, May 28, 2014 7:41 AM
  • Hi lar595,

thank you for using Microsoft Forums and Communities. What is version of CRM and the browser are you using when the problem occurs? Has this once worked withou the issue you have documented? Have you tried to create a new merge template and test the behaviour with this template?

Nina Peneva
    Support Engineer
    Microsoft Dynamics CRM

Nina, 

We are using Dynamics 2013 and I use both Google Chrome and IE 11.  The issue is the same using both browsers.  This happens with any new merge template that is created.  Any template that was created before the upgrade to Dynamics 2013 (Dynamics 2011) are fine.     

Wednesday, May 28, 2014 4:52 PM
  • Hi lar595,

thank you for your response. I have done research and haven't identified this to be a known design mistake at this point.

As next step, I would recommend you to open a Support Request with CRM Technical Support at the following link - http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/dynamics/crm-customer-center/contact-technical-support.aspx and work with one of our engineers to investigate and address the issue. It would be very helpful if you could in the meantime prepare a step-by-step description of the scenario you are performing and provide this to my colleague. She/he will then try to reproduce the on a vanilla 2013 org to understand if this is a general issue or such related to your particular environment. 

Please let us know if this helps.

Thank you in advance.

Regards,

Nina Peneva
    Support Engineer
    Microsoft Dynamics CRM

Wednesday, June 4, 2014 8:39 AM