system restore corrup os file RRS feed

• Question

• I'm not sure if this is where I post this question. I am having some issues and cannot get vista system restore to work. It does not matter what restore point I choose I get the same box...os system has corrupt file...fix corrupt file...if I click it I get another box saying it cannot be fixed while disk is in use, do you want to schedule to fix on next start up..I click that box. restart the computer and nothing changes or shows up as even being done. I tried doing it from the command prompt and same thing nothing changes. My reason for even starting the system restore is some internet pages will not display. I have checked with mcafee and it seems to be running correctly. I disabled site advisor and firewall and still cannot open site advisors support/help page or amazon log in page. i get the ie cannot display this page. tho both of the home pages will open..

any suggestions?

Sunday, March 22, 2009 8:02 PM

Answers

• sueg said:

I'm not sure if this is where I post this question. I am having some issues and cannot get vista system restore to work. It does not matter what restore point I choose I get the same box...os system has corrupt file...fix corrupt file...if I click it I get another box saying it cannot be fixed while disk is in use, do you want to schedule to fix on next start up..I click that box. restart the computer and nothing changes or shows up as even being done. I tried doing it from the command prompt and same thing nothing changes. My reason for even starting the system restore is some internet pages will not display. I have checked with mcafee and it seems to be running correctly. I disabled site advisor and firewall and still cannot open site advisors support/help page or amazon log in page. i get the ie cannot display this page. tho both of the home pages will open..

any suggestions?

This forum is for Windows Home Server.  You should post your question in the Vista forums.
    Sunday, March 22, 2009 8:46 PM