Advanced Find for Marketing List Members RRS feed

• Question

• Hi -

Is it possible to create an advanced find that will return all members (Contacts) that belong to List 'A'  AND List 'B'?

Thanks in advance.

Wednesday, June 26, 2013 10:56 PM

All replies

• Hi,

try below.

1. Go to Advance Find for Contact entity.

2. In the 'select' dropdown --> select marketing list from 'Related'

3. Add condition where "Marketing list equal - your lists"

Hope this helps

Cheers,

H.Desai

Thursday, June 27, 2013 12:15 AM
  • Hi -

That works if the grouping condition is "OR": All contacts where Marketing List equals "Marketing List A" OR equals "Marketing List B", etc.

If the grouping condition is "AND", it returns nothing: All contacts where Marketing List equals "Marketing List A" AND equals "Marketing List B", etc.

Try it yourself.

Thursday, June 27, 2013 1:19 PM
  • I thought I found the answer here:

http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/0f8145b0-44cf-4520-a766-f68b1e074dcb/what-are-the-advanced-find-limitations

But when I try it, it runs for a few minutes but the results are the same as if I had grouped with an "OR".

Has anybody been able to accomplish this through advanced find?

• Edited by Eric_Blanco Thursday, June 27, 2013 2:35 PM Follow up
    Thursday, June 27, 2013 2:27 PM
  • Hi,

You are right. I trid with "And" which fetched me 0 result. This is really strange because so far I have been using advance find for other entities

in same manner. Not sure if it is a bug or just doesn't work where marketing list is involved.

An eye opener. :)

Apologies for posting solution without testing. Will dig in more to see if there is any way around to this issue.

Cheers,

H.Desai

Friday, June 28, 2013 12:49 AM
  • Hi ,

please go through this url

http://www.summitgroupsoftware.com/blog/microsoft-dynamics-crm-2011-dynamic-marketing-lists

If you find this helpful to you,please vote for my answer. thank you vasubabuk

Friday, June 28, 2013 7:24 AM
  • Hi H.Desai -

Yes, it looks like there's a limitation when the relationship is N-N, which is what the relationship is between Lists and Contacts. I wrote a t-sql script using an inner select that works, so I'll probably have to use that to construct a custom report.

Thanks for your help.
    • Edited by Eric_Blanco Friday, June 28, 2013 1:41 PM Added thank you
    Friday, June 28, 2013 1:40 PM
  • Hi Eric,

While searching for this solution I came across below thread. It also says that solution is to refer parent entity twice in Advance Find but when I tried it didn't work.

Here is a link: http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/7e5ed547-c933-46cf-843b-f92aab6b6689/2011-advanced-find-and-and-conditions

Probably someone else on this forum can shed some light on this otherwise SQL query is the only option as you have done.

Thanks,

H.Desai

Monday, July 1, 2013 1:59 AM