Office 2007 Add-Ins RRS feed

• Question

• I "upgraded" from the beta version to the trial version of 2007.  When I try to download the PDF / XPS save as add-in, I get a notice that the software is not valid because it is a trial version.  However, I cannot convert to a full version - catch 22 don't you think.

Being able to save in PDF format is important my use of the software, anybody have any ideas?

Thanks

Saturday, December 9, 2006 2:49 PM

Answers

• Hi - I saw these posts and I wanted to let you know how some of the business rules work.

In order for a user running Office to be considered genuine, you must have at least one non-trial installation of Office 2007, Office 2003 or Office XP suite or stand-alone application installed.  If you have trial software only, you will not be able to download 'genuine only' content at this time.

I know there has been some talk by the Office team to change this requirement (meaning allowing users with ONLY trial of Office 2007 installed) to be considered genuine, however at this point in time that has not been re-evaluated. 

I will pass this feedback along to their Program Manager for his consideration of a rules modification in the future.

Thanks for the posts.

Thanks,
    Michelle

Wednesday, December 20, 2006 8:59 PM
  • Hello All,

This post is to all who provided feedback about the trial only users NOT being able to obtain the add-in's that are marked genuine only. 

GOOD NEWS.  We heard your concerns and agreed!!  The code change to make this happen is being applied this week (tomorrow to be specific).  My suggestion is to try to obtain the download you desire on (DATE CHANGE) Thursday, 2/1/07, sometime after 9:00 am PST. 

Please keep me posted.  I do read the forum regularly, but can sometimes be slow to respond.  This change was made possible by support from the content owners in the Office team.

Thanks (and good luck),
    Michelle

Thursday, January 25, 2007 1:20 AM
  • Hi Mister-E,

I replied to another post with good news.  All of the great feedback we get from the forum was heard.  A change is being made to allow trial only users to obtain add-in's!   Try to download the add-in on (DATE CHANGE) Thursday, 2/1/07.

Thanks,
    Michelle

Thursday, January 25, 2007 1:23 AM
  • Hi JADSR,

Read the post (above yours).  There is good news.  We have heard the feedback and are making the appropriate change to allow access to the add-in's for trial versions! 

We are glad you love the software and don't want to lose you...so please keep the feedback coming.  We Program Managers do read the forums and try to get the feedback appropriately applied.  In this case it was a clear win-win to get this implemented!

Thanks!
    Michelle

Thursday, January 25, 2007 1:26 AM
  • Hi HelpWithOffice,

Thanks for posting your diagnostic output.  I have reviewed it and it looks perfect!!  Everything shows that it validated as 'genuine'.  I'm glad to hear that you were able to get the download you desired to install.  That's good news (and I'm glad that it explained that the functionality you were looking for was not available for Office 2003).

In the future when you are ready you and always try Office 2007 for 60 days before you buy:  http://www.microsoft.com/office/greattips/trial/default.mspx

Thanks,
    Michelle

Thursday, January 25, 2007 6:23 PM

All replies

• You should not have upgraded from the beta version to the trial version.  You need to completely uninstall all versions of Office, then reinstall only the trial version.
    Saturday, December 9, 2006 3:31 PM
  • Sorry, I mis-typed.  I did a complete uninstall of all office beta programs before downloading and installing the trial.  The only trouble I had installing the trial was the conflict with Office 2003 Web components and an earlier version of Expresssion Web.  I rectified these two issues and had no other problems.  In addition, the validation error is very specific that office 2007 is a trial version and not eligible for the download.  I would be happy to convert to a full version but that is not an option - so I am felling a bit stuck.

Thanks,

Chris

Saturday, December 9, 2006 6:21 PM
  • I am having the same problem.

How are we supposed to download add-ins if we have the trial installed and cannot yet buy the license???
    Sunday, December 10, 2006 10:02 AM
  • Well, here is something interesting. I can download, install and use the add-in on my other computer that is still running the Beta 2 program. I transferred the install file to the computer with the trial software and it installs and runs perfectly.

Monday, December 11, 2006 6:14 AM
  • Is it possible for you to send the file? i guess MS wouldn't mind.

It's just that I have downloaded and installed the trial of publisher and need to test the export of PDF and XDS, and until I can buy it I'm somewhat stuck.
    Monday, December 11, 2006 5:08 PM
  • Hi - I saw these posts and I wanted to let you know how some of the business rules work.

In order for a user running Office to be considered genuine, you must have at least one non-trial installation of Office 2007, Office 2003 or Office XP suite or stand-alone application installed.  If you have trial software only, you will not be able to download 'genuine only' content at this time.

I know there has been some talk by the Office team to change this requirement (meaning allowing users with ONLY trial of Office 2007 installed) to be considered genuine, however at this point in time that has not been re-evaluated. 

I will pass this feedback along to their Program Manager for his consideration of a rules modification in the future.

Thanks for the posts.

Thanks,
    Michelle

Wednesday, December 20, 2006 8:59 PM
  • PDF conversion is a key function for us. I'm trying to use it to drive a move to Office 2007 against IT Dept objections of "maybe we should wait for SP1"  (read "but that means us doing some work!").  Demonstrating the potential of the new suite to a roomfull of non-technical people is not easy when you won't let us use the full functionality.  I'm compelled by the "Advantage" of being "Genuine"; the board just have me waving my arms explaining how good it might be... so we'll be on 2003 for some time to come.  That puts paid to any plans of MOSS as well.  Never mind!
    Saturday, December 23, 2006 10:05 AM
  • Now this is interesting. I had the same problem trying to install the PDF add-in. My version of Microsoft Office Professional Edition 2003 was recently purchased -- came in a Microsoft box from a reputable dealer. It's not a trial edition. Based on another post, I've contacted the dealer. Maybe they'll send me a new copy. But now, reading this post; it doesn't look like the problem is necessarily with my copy of Office.

Thing is: Now my copy of Office is ALWAYS failing the GA test. It doesn't matter if I'm trying to install this add-in or not.

Friday, January 5, 2007 11:34 AM
  • In order to install Outlook 2007 , one has to remove Outlook 2003. As they are part of Office if one wants the trial version one has to remove the 2003 registered version and consequently cannot download the Add-in.s

Tell me how to buy Office 2007 and I shall not complain.

Hope your manager will see the light.

Thanks

Saturday, January 6, 2007 8:55 PM
  • Thanks Michelle - I had run Office 2003 for years - when I got the Beta for 2007 it required me to remove all previous versions of Office. I downloaded the Trial Version today - and following instructions - deleted all of the Beta and its add ons. Now, I am unable to download the add-ons because I don't have a valid copy of an old Office Suite on my computer????   The trial version instructions specifically say to delete all old versions!!!    What Gives???   I love the software but you guys are making it very hard to stay happy!
    Wednesday, January 17, 2007 12:49 AM
  • Hi Michelle,

I just tried to obtain add-in too, but also got failure. The log indicated that all Office 07 programs passed, however, it failed on my FrontPage 03 verion. Since FrontPage is no longer included with new Office, I had chosen to leave it on my machine. It appears that Genuine may currently have a bug in it when trying to resolve the 2 different Office versions since my copy of FrontPage is legit. BTW, in order to install Off07, I did not upgrade, but rather first uninstalled the older version -- which I had to do since I am running Vista. So there could also be issues with this scenario that Genuine is currently not properly handling.

Randy (MSFT Alumni)

Thursday, January 18, 2007 6:10 PM
  • Hello All,

This post is to all who provided feedback about the trial only users NOT being able to obtain the add-in's that are marked genuine only. 

GOOD NEWS.  We heard your concerns and agreed!!  The code change to make this happen is being applied this week (tomorrow to be specific).  My suggestion is to try to obtain the download you desire on (DATE CHANGE) Thursday, 2/1/07, sometime after 9:00 am PST. 

Please keep me posted.  I do read the forum regularly, but can sometimes be slow to respond.  This change was made possible by support from the content owners in the Office team.

Thanks (and good luck),
    Michelle

Thursday, January 25, 2007 1:20 AM
  • Hi Mister-E,

I replied to another post with good news.  All of the great feedback we get from the forum was heard.  A change is being made to allow trial only users to obtain add-in's!   Try to download the add-in on (DATE CHANGE) Thursday, 2/1/07.

Thanks,
    Michelle

Thursday, January 25, 2007 1:23 AM
  • Hi JADSR,

Read the post (above yours).  There is good news.  We have heard the feedback and are making the appropriate change to allow access to the add-in's for trial versions! 

We are glad you love the software and don't want to lose you...so please keep the feedback coming.  We Program Managers do read the forums and try to get the feedback appropriately applied.  In this case it was a clear win-win to get this implemented!

Thanks!
    Michelle

Thursday, January 25, 2007 1:26 AM
  • Hi Randy,

Welcome back!  OK, let's see if we can get your issued diagnosed.  Can I get you to do the following for me?

1)      Logon to the PC that is experiencing the notifications as a user with ADMIN rights.

2)      Download the tool:   http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=52012 click RUN.

3)      When the tool loads, click CONTINUE.

4)      Is the RESOLVE button available?  If so, please click RESOLVE to allow the diagnostic tool to repair the issue.

5)      From the Windows tab, click the COPY button.

6)      Reply back to this post and PASTE the results of the diagnostic tool.

I'll take a look at the output and I should be able to tell you what is going and provide an answer as to how we can fix it.

Thanks!
    Michelle

Thursday, January 25, 2007 1:30 AM
  • Hi HelpWithOffice,

Can you run our diagnostic tool for me?  Follow the steps below and I will review the output and be able to give you a better idea of what may be or is causing your issue.

1)      Logon to the PC that is experiencing the notifications as a user with ADMIN rights.

2)      Download the tool:   http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=52012 click RUN.

3)      When the tool loads, click CONTINUE.

4)      Is the RESOLVE button available?  If so, please click RESOLVE to allow the diagnostic tool to repair the issue.

5)      From the Windows tab, click the COPY button.

6)      Reply back to this post and PASTE the results of the diagnostic tool.

Thanks!
    Michelle

Thursday, January 25, 2007 1:33 AM
  • Diagnostic Report (1.5.0723.1):
    -----------------------------------------
    WGA Data-->
    Validation Status: Genuine
    Detailed Status: N/A
    Windows Product Key: *****-*****-9TCCK-JPCBM-B2FQ8
    Windows Product Key Hash: B/IohRcCzV6LJrex8WpCdnxgTvg=
    Windows Product ID: 76487-OEM-2211906-00803
    Windows Product ID Type: 2
    Windows License Type: OEM SLP
    Windows OS version: 5.1.2600.2.00010100.2.0.med
    ID: 298ce1f3-cc35-41d8-b07d-63900098d97c
    Is Admin: Yes
    AutoDial: Yes
    Registry: 0x0
    WGA Version: Registered, 1.5.532.2
    Signed By: Microsoft
    Product Name: N/A
    Architecture: N/A
    Build lab: N/A
    TTS Error: N/A
    Validation Diagnostic:
    Resolution Status: N/A

Notifications Data-->
    Cached Result: 0
    File Exists: Yes
    Version: 1.5.532.2
    WgaTray.exe Signed By: Microsoft
    WgaLogon.dll Signed By: Microsoft

OGA Data-->
    Office Status: 100 Genuine
    OGA Version: Registered, 1.6.18.0
    Signed By: Microsoft
    Office Diagnostics: B4D0AA8B-530-645_B4D0AA8B-530-645_B4D0AA8B-530-645_77F760FE-150-80070002_7E90FEE8-175-80070002

Browser Data-->
    Proxy settings: N/A
    User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Win32)
    Default Browser: C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\IEXPLORE.exe
    Download signed ActiveX controls: Prompt
    Download unsigned ActiveX controls: Disabled
    Run ActiveX controls and plug-ins: Allowed
    Initialize and script ActiveX controls not marked as safe: Disabled
    Allow scripting of Internet Explorer Webbrowser control: Disabled
    Active scripting: Allowed
    Script ActiveX controls marked as safe for scripting: Allowed

File Scan Data-->

Other data-->
    Office Details: <GenuineResults><MachineData><UGUID>298ce1f3-cc35-41d8-b07d-63900098d97c</UGUID><Version>1.5.0723.1</Version><OS>5.1.2600.2.00010100.2.0.med</OS><PKey>*****-*****-*****-*****-B2FQ8</PKey><PID>76487-OEM-2211906-00803</PID><PIDType>2</PIDType><SID>S-1-5-21-856570659-2555097394-2999647009</SID><SYSTEM><Manufacturer>Hewlett-Packard</Manufacturer><Model>HP Pavilion dv9000 (RR333EA#UUW)  </Model></SYSTEM><BIOS><Manufacturer>Hewlett-Packard</Manufacturer><Version>F.08     </Version><SMBIOSVersion major="2" minor="4"/><Date>20061106000000.000000+000</Date><SLPBIOS>Compaq,Hewlett,Hewlett,Compaq</SLPBIOS></BIOS><HWID>E94C3AFF01846E7A</HWID><UserLCID>0809</UserLCID><SystemLCID>0409</SystemLCID><TimeZone>W. Europe Standard Time(GMT+01:00)</TimeZone><iJoin>0</iJoin><SBID><stat>2</stat><msppid></msppid><name>HP</name><model></model></SBID><OEM/></MachineData>   <Software><Office><Result>100</Result><Products><Product GUID="{91110409-6000-11D3-8CFE-0150048383C9}"><LegitResult>100</LegitResult><Name>Microsoft Office Professional Edition 2003</Name><Ver>11</Ver><Val>5F0B15C7AFF05DE</Val><Hash>EPu2seyJjYoB7RgQMROAj9cPTrw=</Hash><Pid>70145-751-2354833-57742</Pid><PidType>1</PidType></Product></Products></Office></Software></GenuineResults> 

Thursday, January 25, 2007 2:55 PM
  • I'm running Office 2003. I eventually got the download / install to work ... and it pointed out that the functions I wanted are not available for Office 2003.

I haven't signed up for a trial version of Office 2007 because no one at the company has yet said that they're willing to pay for the upgrade.

Thursday, January 25, 2007 2:57 PM
  • Hi HelpWithOffice,

Thanks for posting your diagnostic output.  I have reviewed it and it looks perfect!!  Everything shows that it validated as 'genuine'.  I'm glad to hear that you were able to get the download you desired to install.  That's good news (and I'm glad that it explained that the functionality you were looking for was not available for Office 2003).

In the future when you are ready you and always try Office 2007 for 60 days before you buy:  http://www.microsoft.com/office/greattips/trial/default.mspx

Thanks,
    Michelle

Thursday, January 25, 2007 6:23 PM