Need help with wcf part of "IntroToSyncServicesADO.Net" RRS feed

• Question

• I'm following the wcf portion of the IntroToSyncServicesADO.Net_HighQuality.wmv video walkthrough.

I am using VS 2010 and SqlServerExpress 2008 r2 with SqlCE 3.5 with c# and not VB.

After the WCF service is created, the tutorial modifies the NorthwindDataCache1.sync class OnInitialized method:

private Sub OnInitialized()
     Me.RemoteProvider = new Microsoft.Synchronization.Data.ServerSyncProviderProxy(new ServiceReference.NorthwinCacheSyncContractClient());
    End Sub

The above line is the problem for me.  In c# there is a RemoteProvider object. There is also a ServerSyncProviderProxy object.
    But, I haven't been able to figure out how to get the reference to the Service Reference.

There isn't a NorthWindCachSyncContractClient(), All I'm getting are the interfaces InorthWindCacheSyncContractClient, which I cant get to work.

Has anyone gotten past this step using the interfaces?

Thanks.

Robotuner
    Sunday, November 20, 2011 7:58 PM

Answers

• I think I have it working correctly now.  It was a naming issue, . . . too many variables that looked similar.

Thanks.

Robotuner
    • Marked as answer by Robotuner Tuesday, November 22, 2011 1:37 AM
    Monday, November 21, 2011 5:26 PM

All replies

• have a look at this: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd938879.aspx

just ignore that it's for a compact client. but that should give you an idea how to create the service and the client.

Monday, November 21, 2011 1:13 AM
  • Thanks, the link was helpful, but I ran into exactly the same problem  line:

NorthwindDataCacheSyncContractClient proxy =  new NorthwindDataCacheSyncContractClient(basicBinding,           endPoint);

Where di NorthwindDataCacheSyncContractClient come from?

Robotuner
    Monday, November 21, 2011 3:13 AM
  • how did you generate the client proxy?
    Monday, November 21, 2011 10:33 AM
  • I think I have it working correctly now.  It was a naming issue, . . . too many variables that looked similar.

Thanks.

Robotuner
    • Marked as answer by Robotuner Tuesday, November 22, 2011 1:37 AM
    Monday, November 21, 2011 5:26 PM