Adding publications RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying to add my publications using BibTex file.

It decodes correctly and gives a message:

Thank you.

The following publications were added.

1. Unbiased estimation of the Euler-Poincare characteristic
    2. Three-dimensional simulation of flow through a porous medium

BUT, the added publications are not shown. I have tried several times since last 3 days, but  everthing is going OK without any errors. but nothing added to my publications list.

Any help is appreciated.

Bhanu

Sunday, May 19, 2013 3:38 AM

Answers

• Hi Bhanu,

As we responded to your other forum post regarding this issue, changes made to an author profile, including adding publications, must be processed before the changes appear on the live site. The newly added publications should be appearing on your author profile soon.

Best regards,

Thomas, Academic Search Editor

Monday, May 20, 2013 5:05 PM

All replies

• Hi Bhanu,

As we responded to your other forum post regarding this issue, changes made to an author profile, including adding publications, must be processed before the changes appear on the live site. The newly added publications should be appearing on your author profile soon.

Best regards,

Monday, May 20, 2013 5:05 PM
  • Dear Thomas,

Thank you for your quick reply. What does "must be processed before the changes appear on the live site"?

How often and at what time this happens?

I have added amost 4 days back and still does not appear?

Best reagrds

Bhanu

Monday, May 20, 2013 5:19 PM
  • same question that Bhanu posted. What does "processed" mean? Is somebody reviewing these? How long does that take on average? Does it depend on the number of references added?

Curious. I just added a bunch and I am not seeing any changes to the profile. 4 days is a long time. It would be helpful if the user is advised that it may take a few days before any updates are shown right after the submission of additional references.

thanks

tgd

Tuesday, May 21, 2013 2:21 PM
  • Hello Bhanu and thegreatdeceiver,

Great questions! The changes submitted are reviewed and must be processed in the database before published on the live site. The time this takes can vary depending on the type of change submitted. We are looking at incorporating options to immediately publish submitted changes (such as added publications or updates to Field of study). We appreciate your feedback regarding this issue, and we hope to have your updates available on the website as soon as possible.

Thanks again,

Tuesday, May 21, 2013 4:28 PM
  • thank you for the quick reply. It seems that I cannot even access my profile at the moment. Getting this error for an hour now.

Internal Error
    Your request cannot be processed at the moment. Please try again later.

tgd

Tuesday, May 21, 2013 4:45 PM
  • It has been almost 10 days since I submitted the additional references. Nothing changed. What is going on?

thanks

tgd

Thursday, May 30, 2013 1:40 PM
  • knock knock knock!!

anybody out there?

tgd

Monday, June 3, 2013 8:33 PM
  • Hello,

We can investigate if there was an issue processing the publications you added to your author profile. At your convenience, can you please send a link to your author profile and the title of at least one publication you uploaded to acadfb@microsoft.com?

Thank you!

Monday, June 3, 2013 11:33 PM
  • Thank you for your response. See below response I sent to the email you provided.

http://academic.research.microsoft.com/Author/19713274/hilmar-koerner

Growth Mechanism of Gold Nanorods

K Park, LF Drummy, R Wadams, H Koerner, D Nepal, L Fabris, RA Vaia

Chemistry of Materials 25 (4), 555-563

Polymer Design for High Temperature Shape Memory: Low Crosslink Density Polyimides

H Koerner, R Strong, ML Smith, H Wang, LS Tan, KM Lee, T White, RA Vaia

Polymer 54 (1), 391–402

tgd

Monday, June 3, 2013 11:57 PM
  • Hello,

We reviewed our records and can confirm that we received your added publications. We expect them to be showing on the live site soon. We appreciate your patience, and apologize for any inconvenience.

Best regards,

Thursday, June 6, 2013 7:47 PM
  • I have added all my publications 39 and everything went well. No errors. It said 39 publications added on 19th may.

But, nothing shown up until today.

The list is same as at this link:

http://scholar.google.co.in/citations?user=cLUDzoEAAAAJ&hl=en&authuser=1

Thank you for your help

Pinnamaneni Bhanu Prasad

Friday, June 7, 2013 2:41 PM