SYNCTOY instances RRS feed

• Question

• I need to copy files from A to B and then some of those files from B to C.

1. How may I setup two SyncToy instances and execute the the A to B step and then execute the B to C step or

2. How may I set the sequence of the copies to ensure that the files of the first step are not mixed up with those of the 2nd step.

A the moment I have all pais configured in one single job (don't know how to configure 2 instances) and the some files of step 2 are processed ahead of step 1 and to achieve my objective I have to run the same job twice.

Help will be appreciated.

Artur

Wednesday, March 24, 2010 9:39 AM

All replies

• Hi arturfreitas,

SyncToy uphold batch sync by clicking "All Folder Pairs --> Run All". But to think about the scenario you put forward, there is data relevance between the two folder pairs, it's not a good idea to use "Run All" anction since SyncToy does not support bach sync in priority.

So, you'd better sync the two folder pairs separately and manually.

Thanks,

Danish

Wednesday, March 24, 2010 10:05 AM
  • Thanks,

Just that each of the steps has about 6 folders and I don't feel like creating new pairs everytime.

I can run twice the same job with 12 pairs and achive my objective without ny hassles.

It would be nice if I could have CyncToy 1 and 2 and run as two separate jobs.

Thank you

Artur

• Proposed as answer by dan bendan Saturday, March 27, 2010 7:37 PM
    Wednesday, March 24, 2010 3:19 PM