New laptop (Vista Ultimate) id'd as hub, unable to turn on firewall (other 3 machines all green/ok) RRS feed

• Question

•  

I have pursued every direction possible, including startes, re-starts, changing MSXML file, reinstall, trying to use the repair tool, etc.  Best I can figure is that there appears to be an argument between Windows firewall and Windows Live OneCare firewall.  Any suggestions?  BTW, after, I get the new unit on the circle with the firewall working (the home network recognizes the new laptop as the hub unit), I want to remove another unit (the laptop being replaced) in order to stay within the MS 3 unit limit.  Any suggestions? Thanks, Henry
    Thursday, December 13, 2007 6:38 PM

Answers

• For the firewall problem, contact support - 

How to reach support (FAQ) - http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2421771&SiteID=2

Once you are ready to remove the other PC from the subscription, simply go to the Hub PC and click on Manage my OneCare Circle. Expand the entry on the list for the PC you wish to remove (details) and then click on remove... This will cause OneCare to become unsubscribed on that PC when it next connects to the network or Internet.

-steve

Thursday, December 13, 2007 8:11 PM