none
hyperlinks and icons not showing in outlook.com fr mail sent from my web site only RRS feed

• Question

• Using VS 2008, vb.net, aspx pages, this page config is from windows 7 ultimate where vs2008 is installed, i publish to my small family web site to my windows 2003 server, which is running IIS6, and set for .net 2.0.
      If i send the email from the windows 7 system that has the vs2008 on it and using .net 4.0  I still get no hyperlinks showing for all my emails sent thru my smtp server to outlook.live.  If i open outlook 2010 and download the messages, i see all links and icons without issue. The issue is only when viewed in outlook.live

This is my setup for the code behind

Imports System
    Imports System.Net.Mail
    Imports System.IO

Partial Class _Default
        Inherits System.Web.UI.Page

Protected Sub Button1_Click(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Button1.Click
            Dim dd = DateTime.Now
            Dim mailMessage As New System.Net.Mail.MailMessage

Dim Attach1 As String = "http://www.bugleys.com/pmimages.aspx?RN=1545" ' using this just for this issue of links not displaying - this line should be showing up in outlook.live as a hyperlink
            Dim textimg As String ' this is an .img file - not using right now for test
            Dim TxtMessageSubject As String = "Doing this with System.Text.Encoding.UTF8"
            Dim first1 As String = "Rick" & " at :" & dd ' this is my first name with date-time stamp
            Dim TxtMessage As String = " This is the message contents someone would actually be typing in"

Dim client As New Net.Mail.SmtpClient("localhost") ' i have tried different servers and still same issue.
                    Try
                '-------------------

mailMessage.From = New MailAddress("Bugleys-DoNotReply <*** Email address is removed for privacy ***>") ' Always from this address

mailMessage.Subject = TxtMessageSubject ' Subject

mailMessage.Bcc.Add(New MailAddress("*** Email address is removed for privacy ***,".Trim())) ' trim to get ride of any extra ","            
                mailMessage.IsBodyHtml = True
                mailMessage.BodyEncoding = System.Text.Encoding.UTF8 ' testing this utf-8, still not doing html lines in hotmail. 5-21-17
                mailMessage.SubjectEncoding = System.Text.Encoding.UTF8   ' testing this
                '"<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC ""-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional //EN"">  ' not using
                mailMessage.Body = "<html ""dir=""ltr"" lang=""en-US""><body><pre>" & _
                ("<br/>") & "(DO NOT reply to this message, UN-monitored email address)" & _
                ("<br/>") & "---------------------------------------------------------" & _
                ("<br/>") & first1 & " has just written a comment of: " & ("<br/>") & _
                ("<br/>") & _
                ("<br/>") & TxtMessage & _
                ("<br/>") & "--------------------------------------------------------------------------------" & _
                ("<br/>") & "To Reply / Comment, go here " & "http://www.bugleys.com/bugleys/blgn.aspx?RN=" & _
                ("<br/>") & Attach1 & "<br /></pre></body></html>"

client.Send(mailMessage)

Catch ex As Exception
                lblStatus.Text = (ex.ToString)
            End Try
            lblStatus.Text = "Mail sent"

End Sub

My windows 2003 Server has been up and running my web site for 10 years and also is my smtp server and pop-3 server, with normal reboots and updates taking pace. I have both .net 2.0 and 4.0 installed on it and active to use. My web site is using 2.0 at this time.

VS2008 is on my windows 7 ultimate and using .net 4.0

When logged into outlook.live i can see other companies emails with links and icons showing and clickable without issue. It is only the emails sent from my smtp server to hotmail.com that do not show icons and or the hyperlinks as clickable hyperlinks.

Thanks

Rick

Wednesday, May 24, 2017 2:49 PM

All replies

• Hi rickqu,

Since this forum is discussing and asking questions about the Visual Basic programming language, IDE, libraries, samples, and tools, and your issue is more related to asp.net. This link about asp.net,

please refer that:https://forums.asp.net/

Thank you for participating in the forum activities.

Best Regards,

Cherry

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Thursday, May 25, 2017 1:28 AM