Data security for 'Link to webpages' report type - CRM 2011 on premise RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Is that possible to implement data security according to CRM user permission for 'Link to webpages' report type (currently pointing to SSRS report from a separate database located on the same SQL server) in CRM 2011 on premise? For example, CRM user only able to see data that they have permission to.

Tons of answer found from web search saying that it is not possible. Any work-around?

Thanks.

Regards/Sam

Thursday, February 13, 2014 6:18 PM

Answers

• Hi,

It seems impossible to me also, but I have a suggestion for to check. First, add a new field (column) to your table representing the owning security role in CRM. For example you want the records with the some conditions could be see only be the "Test" security role in CRM. Then, create views for each of the groups of the owners in DB. In your report try to  have the security role of the user as a field. And finally compare the created views with the security role of the user, and try to show data based on this comparisons.

As I said, I have not tested such a solution and it may worth of testing! ;)

Iranian Dynamics CRM Association | انجمن متخصصان ایرانی

Friday, February 14, 2014 9:14 AM