CRM4 workflow not creating a record RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying to create an audit type record with CRM4 but not succeeding.

I have done the following

1) create a history entity

2) created an n:1 relationship between the history entity and the original entity

3) Published the history entity

4) create a workflow with the original entity as the workflow entity with scope organisation and ticked the box for record is created and record attributes change. In the select box next to record attributes change have selected all fields

5) add create step and selected the history entity I have created set properties to match as many fields as possible

6) Published the workflow

The results

I go and make a change to the original entity and a workflow appears with status reason "Waiting for resources" After a while, the status changes to "Succeeded". But, there is no new history entity, only a history of the workflows stay behind.

Any thoughts? I really want a history record to appear, the workflow record as the changes in it but it's not the record I want.

Tuesday, September 8, 2015 2:31 AM

All replies

• Just as a bit of further information here, I can see the system has created a history record but there doesn't seem to be any link back to the original entity, that is, the reference id is null in the history record
    Wednesday, September 9, 2015 12:36 AM
  • Hi,

I see 2 things here.

You have created a relation and published. But did you select reference in workflow to set value.

Did you place the lookup on history entity? If yes, set value to it while creating history record in workflow taking from the current record.

If this solution doesnt help, Send you workflow screenshots.

Thank you,

Thank you, Sreeni Pavalla Please Vote as Helpful and Mark As Answer if it helped you. Blog: https://sreenipavalla.wordpress.com/

Thursday, September 10, 2015 10:43 PM