Media Center Connector Setup Error-Unknown Network Error RRS feed

• General discussion

• I just submitted a bug report on connect (475405) for an error message I am getting on my VMS client reporting "Unknown Network Error" when I run the Media Center Connector Setup program on my Vista Media Center client.  Please see my bug report for additional info. 

https://connect.microsoft.com/WindowsHomeServer/feedback/ViewFeedback.aspx?FeedbackID=475405

Please note that I have successfully run the Media Center Connector program on my Win7 RC client.  Anyone else seeing this error?
    George
    George in Florida
    Saturday, July 18, 2009 5:11 PM

All replies

• I just submitted a bug report on connect (475405) for an error message I am getting on my VMS client reporting "Unknown Network Error" when I run the Media Center Connector Setup program on my Vista Media Center client.  Please see my bug report for additional info. 

https://connect.microsoft.com/WindowsHomeServer/feedback/ViewFeedback.aspx?FeedbackID=475405

Please note that I have successfully run the Media Center Connector program on my Win7 RC client.  Anyone else seeing this error?
    George
    George in Florida

Were you able to successfully upgrade the Home Server Connector software on that client?  If you open the Console from that client, what does it say the component numbers are (Settings button, Resources tab)?
    Saturday, July 18, 2009 5:56 PM
  • George

Im having the opposite - I can get it to work on Vista, I cant get it to work on any of my Win 7 machines (they are all post RC though)

Andrew
    MVP - Windows Home Server
    Saturday, July 18, 2009 7:32 PM

George
    George in Florida

Were you able to successfully upgrade the Home Server Connector software on that client?  If you open the Console from that client, what does it say the component numbers are (Settings button, Resources tab)?

Hi Kiriya,
    Yes, the connector softwarre ran as expected on the Vista machine. Component number are is MS suggested they would be.  Here is a screenshot:
    Wow, I have the screenshot gif file but I just realized I don't know how to attach a screenshot file to show here.  Is that possible? Sorry I have not posted much here since the WHS Betas. 

But the resource tab running on the VMC shows the versions as expected: Here is a copy and paste:
    Windows Home Server Console: 6.0.2361.0
    Windows Home Server Backup & Restore: 6.0.2361.0
    Windows Home Server Drive Extender: 6.0.2030.0
    Windows Home Server Remote Access: 6.0.2361.0
    Windows Home Server Storage Manager: 6.0.2361.0

Also, please escuse my dealy in repling.  I use my hotmail email address for logging on here to the MS Communiteis forum and have not figured out a good way to get my email to come into Outlook.  Again, sorrry for the delay.
    George in Florida
    Sunday, July 19, 2009 2:06 AM
  • George

Im having the opposite - I can get it to work on Vista, I cant get it to work on any of my Win 7 machines (they are all post RC though)

Andrew
    MVP - Windows Home Server

Thats really strange.  I was beginning to wonder if the Media Center PP3 upgrade stuff would only work on Win 7.  I guess you just blew that thought away, Andrew.  Very odd. I hope MS will respond to my bug report soon :)

Thanks for letting me know you have it working on Vista.
    George
    George in Florida
    Sunday, July 19, 2009 2:09 AM
  • Hi George,

I'm having the same issue.  I've seen this posted on MS Connect as an issue but can't find a solution to it anywhere.  There is one feedback item that is marked as CLOSED, but it also has no resolution mentioned, so not sure why it's considered closed.  Anyways, hopefully MS will respond to this bug soon!!

Eddie
    Monday, July 27, 2009 9:06 PM
  • I was having the same issue until I clean instal Win 7 Build 7600...
    Tuesday, July 28, 2009 1:01 PM
  • Hi Eddie,
    My connect bug is still active and MS continues to ask me questions and actively work on it.  They know it is a bug.  Hope they come up with a solution for you and I and the 10 other folks that have Validated the bug.  Apparently testers who have Win7 Beta (pre RC) are seeing this same bug as well.  See the connect bug for more info.  Bug number: 475405.
    George
    George in Florida
    • Edited by SeaRay33 Wednesday, July 29, 2009 6:40 AM typos
    Wednesday, July 29, 2009 6:35 AM
  • Thanks for the input, pied piper, but I can't use Win7 on my Media Center Maching (where I am seeing the bug reported on MS Connect) because I need to continue to record dvr-ms files instead of .wtv files. I have software that works only on .dvr-ms files as they have not updated to the Win7 file time yet that is used for Recorded TV (in Win7).

So the work around you suggest will not work for me.  I do apprecite your trying to help, however.
    George

George in Florida
    • Edited by SeaRay33 Wednesday, July 29, 2009 6:41 AM Updated info
    Wednesday, July 29, 2009 6:38 AM