Security Role issues RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All

I got an issue with security roles which I will try to explain this has specifically to with client Entities

I have parent business unit which has child business units. child BU are restricted to records for their team

What I want  

The parent BU can create client records for the child BU which child BU can see as soon as they created.  

The child BU cannot view or create clients for the parent BU.

Whats happening

The parent BU can create client records for the child BU but they can not see them. dispite they have been assigned to the child BU this doesn't change until ownereship of the record is transfered to a child BU team member.

Could someone suggest a fix for this ?

Cheers in Advance

Friday, August 16, 2013 10:43 PM

Answers

• Can you please explain how users of the parent BU are creating clients for the child BU, if not by setting the owner to a user of the child BU?

The business unit a record belongs to depends on who the owner is. If you wish to create a record for another BU, it needs to be assigned to a user in that BU.

Hope that helps

Paul

If my response helped you find your answer please show your thanks by taking the time to "Mark As Answer" and "Vote As Helpful".

Twitter LinkedIn Facebook Blog Magnetism

Saturday, August 17, 2013 3:45 AM

All replies

• Can you please explain how users of the parent BU are creating clients for the child BU, if not by setting the owner to a user of the child BU?

The business unit a record belongs to depends on who the owner is. If you wish to create a record for another BU, it needs to be assigned to a user in that BU.

Hope that helps

Paul

If my response helped you find your answer please show your thanks by taking the time to "Mark As Answer" and "Vote As Helpful".

Twitter LinkedIn Facebook Blog Magnetism

Saturday, August 17, 2013 3:45 AM
  • Thanks Paul

Your response made me sit back and rethink the process . The confusion came about the fact we had looked it client entity as a Org ownship entity rather than a

Team or user owned entity. 

The business rules goes something like this

• Parent BU can create customers for child BU.
    • Parent must be able manage child BU Entities.  
    • Child BU must be able manage entity created for it.
    • Child BU cannot see or manage Parent owned Entities.

What I was trying to do was provide a relationship with a Parent BU member however the solution was simply to assign ownership to a team member

of the child BU at the point the record was created this then. Then add I an additional field to the client entity where the parent BU member could

be selected if nescessary. All makes purfect sense now

Thanks again for your response   

Monday, August 19, 2013 1:19 AM