downgrade from vista home premium to visita home basic RRS feed

• Question

• Hello.  I bought a new laptop from HP a couple of months ago.  It came with Vista home premium 64-bit OS.  This was fine then because I had a 64-bit system and wanted a 63-bit OS and this was the lowest version i can order my laptop with.  Now I want vista home BASIC 64-bit OS.  I basically want to have a fresh install of Vista home basic 64-bit and move away from the pre-installed software that HP hands out with their own installations and discs.

Is there a way to downgrade and pay a partial fee for a full version of visita home basic 64-bit if i can prove that i have a valid vista home premium on my laptop?  (of course i don't have the actual OS dvds because i bought my laptop from HP and they only give out their own recovery discs with the laptops)

Or is my only option to pay full price for the full/new visita home basic 64-bit?

Is there another option that i have no considered that might work? 

thanks in advance.
    Monday, July 14, 2008 7:16 PM

Answers

• If you wish to install a different Windows Vista operating system, then your only option is to purchase your own "full version" edition.

I have an HP Pavilion PC that originally came with Vista Home Premium Edition.  It runs great!  You can uninstall any optional HP installed programs by opening the Programs and Features applet located in the Control Panel.

Monday, July 14, 2008 7:25 PM