WinXP/WinVista dual boot RRS feed

• Question

• I have a windows xp / windows vista dual boot setup. The Vista edition is Home Premium. Now this is my work laptop and we have purchased Vista Business at work. I was thinking of a way to upgrade Home Premium to Business. Is this possible. Any time upgrade only allows to go to Ultimate. I was thinking of doing a reinstall, but how do i go about doing this ?

I have two partitions, C: for XP and D: for Vista.

Will the following steps work ?

a. Boot into XP.

b. Format D: (now this kills the Home Premium Vista installed on D: and possibly the MBR and dual boot loader etc, etc, I dont care about this right now).

c. Pop in the Vista disc and do a clean install of Vista Business edition in D:

d. Should this allow me to dual boot into XP and Vista Business ?

TIA

Thursday, June 21, 2007 12:47 AM

Answers

• Because this forum is dedicated to validation issues, you’ll need to contact outside support for the expertise necessary to troubleshoot your non-validation related issue.  You can do so by posting or searching in the Vista pubic newsgroups, found here: http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/default.mspx or by following this link to Product Support Services.  Microsoft has a 90 day free support period that starts on the day you first acquire Vista. 

If you bought your computer pre-installed with Vista either from a computer store or an original equipment manufacturer (OEM) like Dell or Gateway, you’ll need to contact them for support.

Thursday, June 21, 2007 1:23 AM