none
70-410 Prep Materials and Tips RRS feed

• Question

• Anyone have any suggestions for study material on 70-410? All the books on Amazon that I've come across all have low reviews and I'd rather not waste time and money on material that's filled with incorrect information which is what a lot of those reviews are saying about those books on amazon.

MCP MCSA MCSE MCTS MCITP CompTIA A+ CompTIA Net+ CompTIA Sec+

Friday, February 1, 2013 4:27 PM

Answers

All replies

• I have the book from Microsoft Press (Amazon). I'm happy with it.

Friday, February 1, 2013 4:48 PM
  • Hey mate, check out this series. (http://www.microsoft-press.co.uk/scripts/product.asp?ref=307639 )

I have read through the 70-417 one which help in my upgrade paper. It's good, in my humble opinion. 

Cheers.

Regards,
    Milton Goh
    MCSE, MCSA, MCITP, MCTS, MCP
    Blog: blog.nerdytwo.com
    Twitter: @miltongoh

Saturday, February 2, 2013 1:13 AM
  • Hey guys thanks for responding, sadly though both of those suggestions were two of the three books that I was saying had bad reviews. These reviews are from Amazon so if that's were you got your books and happy with them you guys should go on there and post reviews talking about how awesome the books are. From what the reviews say those books have a lack of exercises (labs) as well as not enough information. It's suggested that other material like CBT Nuggs or a Q and A book would be needed in addition to those books. Personally I've obtained my current MCSE and other certs without using Q and A tools and by getting either the Microsoft Press or Sybex books along with a copy of the OS(s) needed in order to follow all the labs then run through those labs and any others I could come up with until I'm sick of them. So in short a book with plenty of labs in each chapter is very important to me, I learn better doing. But again thanks for the suggestions and I will keep them in mind if I can't find exactly what I'm looking for.

MCP MCSA MCSE MCTS MCITP CompTIA A+ CompTIA Net+ CompTIA Sec+

Saturday, February 2, 2013 2:51 AM
  • Hello,

Did you ever find a good book or material for taking the 70-410 ? I am looking for some new material i have the Update book for Installing and Configuring windows server 2012 r2 ... 

Let me know when you have time.

Sunday, July 27, 2014 8:44 AM