No True Support RRS feed

• General discussion

•  What is this a quessing game? If we look hard enough and long enough we might find part of the answer to fix the issue/issues we are having with a program that is sold to us at high prices but no real support. I got the Onecare tried to update, and less that a week later it does not work. Tells me to go to help. Can't program won't come up to do so. Go to the web sight and no Phone numbers to call to get someone to answer what the h_ _ _ is going on. I don't see them giving me back the lost time on the subscription. In fact they want one of the other accounts to cover the one that is not working and shaft me out of the last one to activate which is not working. I am Pissed to say the less. I spent good money for bad programing and no support. I did not want to spent a month going through all the text they have just to fine that it does not work that way,And there is no way to get your money back on this non working ***.  To get them to respond , ACT OF GOD..... I don't want to spent hours tring to make their programs work I have other things I want to do. I have a job and I'm not getting paid to fix their programs. They should be working when we get them so it does not become a job to keep it up and running.   I dont think they would like it if every time they got in their car they had to reprogram the car computer, just to find out that the manual is on the web and it should only take them about 9 hours to fine the problem. O the phone number is hidden in the text somewhere. Find it and call and a guy or girl from India will answer that way it will only take about 15 hours to fix because they don't understand what you said and need you to repete it 30 more times.   So If you by chance have found the hidden number and would be willing to share, Please respond. Thank you.

Wednesday, December 12, 2007 3:13 PM

All replies

• If OneCare is not working on your PC after the 2.0 update and you are unable to open OneCare, try uninstalling and reinstalling it.

I don't know what you mean by "other accounts to cover the one that is not working" above, but if you have an active subscription, you do not need to buy another one.

Support can be reached via the information in the FAQ - 

How to reach support (FAQ) - http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2421771&SiteID=2

Note that if the process cannot validate your subscription, which is quite often the case, unfortunately, use the option in the flow to select that you are a trial or beta user and it will not try to validate the status. In the email form, explain that you are a subscriber. You should hear back within 24 hours via email.

If you explain what issue or issues you are facing, someone may be able to help here. Many of the problems faced with the 2.0 upgrade do require a support contact at this point, though.

-steve

Wednesday, December 12, 2007 4:16 PM
  • Thanks steve for answering. I went throught the trial period. Then got the full verson from the store. Installed by following the screen. Setup user account. all seemed well for several days. Then the program stoped working. I uninstalled and reinstalled. several times. Each time it tells me that the program is regiesterd and will setup next account as this will setup to 3 unit with this program. not giving anyother options. This last time I tried, It now said that I have 15 days left to use the program. I got the this d_ _ program 2 weeks ago. It should be for a year not 15 days.... So I would like to call and talk to a person living and speaks english, so that when I have to spend more of my time troble shooting a program for Microsoft I can also waste their time as well. Like I said I dont like to buy a program that I have to spend hours trouble shooting to make it work on a unit that is fullly supported by the software. I never have trouble with Norton or Macafee like this. So you are saying to go to work, fix the issus I have because Microsoft has their head where the sun dont shine and wants the end user to fix their problems their program cause, Because they truly don't know what they are are doing and we, the End user have to spent down time to fix their screw up. Great.......Screwed again by bad plainning. I will say it again. I do not want to have to spend countless hours fixing their problems that cause problems for me. I realy have better things to do with my time. I am not Mad at you Steve, I just hate the way program Companys charge and arm and a leg for their product,put iton the market before it is completely tested in all OS it is to be supported in. Then Let the End user fix their mess.    

Wednesday, December 12, 2007 7:35 PM
  • Hi.

Well Other day of tring to get it to work .I get an error message  Error ID :0006-80004005 Something about my unit system may not complay. Horse droping. This unit came with the trial onecare on it. It was working fine. Even when I installed 2 G mem in the unit it had no problems. But now after installing the Store program the the unit does not want to work right. One message is FIREFOX.EXE is missing. But I uninstalled and reinstalled the program yesterday and now i only have 14 days left befor is expires. Not a happy camper. Should be "1" year. Is there are is there not a Phone number that I can call to complain about this? I am Handicapped and have enough to worry about. At less let me know how to return this nonworking program. Try to be fair. Help me here please. Thanks.

Thursday, December 13, 2007 8:58 PM
  • email me at sboots@mvps.org

Put "OneCare" in the subject line and put a link to this thread in the message body. You don't have to repeat the entire issue, but a sentence or two to remind me what you are emailing about would be good. I'll get back to you as soon as I can.

-steve

Friday, December 14, 2007 2:43 AM
  • 12-13-07

Hi.

Well Other day of tring to get it to work .I get an error message  Error ID :0006-80004005 Something about my unit system may not complay. Horse droping. This unit came with the trial onecare on it. It was working fine. Even when I installed 2 G mem in the unit it had no problems. But now after installing the Store program the the unit does not want to work right. One message is FIREFOX.EXE is missing. But I uninstalled and reinstalled the program yesterday and now i only have 14 days left befor is expires. Not a happy camper. Should be "1" year. Is there are is there not a Phone number that I can call to complain about this? I am Handicapped and have enough to worry about. At less let me know how to return this nonworking program. Try to be fair. Help me here please. Thanks

12-14-07

Ok another day same issue, but only 13 days left till it shuts down. Do you, are do you not have a way to return the nonworking program? I did not want to pay over $40.00 for only 2 weeks of use. The unit is running slower and slower. At boot and after. When I removed it the unit was working faster. The uninstall did not completely remove the program. Befor I removed the program is was giving me error ID :0006-80004005 and that FIREFOX.EXE was not found or is missing. All I did was put in the disk from the store and follow the on screen instructions. Put in the OEM product Key and it worked for about a week then Issues. Uninstalled the program and reinstalled useing the disk. now I only have 13 days .....then Hosed. I don't get to spent a lot of time on the computer but like I said I don't want to be reading how to fix the programs problem. As it is I wont be here next year to renew due to phyisal problems. So as you can see I really don't want a lot of setbacks at this point. I just want not to have to deal with these issue. I just want it to work. sorry. I don't like being angry about anything, don't have time for it. If you can't do anything, Just say so. Thanks.

Friday, December 14, 2007 11:02 PM
  • Yesterday evening I answered your post from 12/13 - above your post from today. Email me per the instruction in my previous post to you.

I understand your frustration and am sorry about the problems you've encountered.

-steve

Saturday, December 15, 2007 2:36 AM
  •  

You can call the phone support at [phone number removed] (

How to reach support (FAQ) - http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2421771&SiteID=2)

You can also try to uninstall OneCare and reinstall it back again using the Cleanup tool and the OneCare 2.0 setup

This is the link for the OneCare setup Just click on INSTALL WINDOWS LIVE ONECARE writen in blue and then save it on the desktop http://onecare.live.com/standard/en-us/install/install.htm

But before you click on install Download and save this link  http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=81699 

Save it on the desktop as well.

but remember the Live ID you used to activate the account as well as the password so you can activate OneCare once again.

Sunday, March 2, 2008 2:02 AM
  •  try this ..take the 2.0 software back to the store and exchange it for a new unopened box and then try to sell it to a person that you do not know or will never see again..i give up..

Sunday, March 2, 2008 7:30 PM
  •  Crazy2bear wrote:

What is this a quessing game? If we look hard enough and long enough we might find part of the answer to fix the issue/issues we are having with a program that is sold to us at high prices but no real support. I got the Onecare tried to update, and less that a week later it does not work. Tells me to go to help. Can't program won't come up to do so. Go to the web sight and no Phone numbers to call to get someone to answer what the h_ _ _ is going on. I don't see them giving me back the lost time on the subscription. In fact they want one of the other accounts to cover the one that is not working and shaft me out of the last one to activate which is not working. I am Pissed to say the less. I spent good money for bad programing and no support.

I see that someone has already supplied you with the Support telephone number Crazy2Bear.  Hopefully, you have found the resolution to your problem by now.

But next time, I would recommend buying your next copy of Windows One Care at Costco.  During December and January of each year, Costco sells the full one-year subscription and boxed CD of Windows One Care for $9.95.  This pricing policy has been valid now for 2 years in a row.  The normal "everyday" Costco price is only $39.95.  There is no need to pay high prices, and a Costco membership will save you a fortune on everything else that you buy too.

No, I don't work for Costco.  LOLROTF.  .... I'm just trying to help a fellow-consumer out.  I enjoy saving every dollar I can. 

All of the best.

Elliot

Monday, March 3, 2008 6:07 PM
  • Thank you. I did get some help and it is working now ,but I dont think I be here next year, So . It does not matter. The only problem now is that the PC runs faster without the One Care on it. I have a PC that should not get bogged down but... At this time I settle because it is working and I got almost all of the time on the product.  I dont get alot of time on my PC so I try to injoy it while I can. Steve from MS was very helpful. Good to talk to if you do have a problem.  

Thursday, March 6, 2008 6:50 PM