locked
Customization Import Failed - Error: Column names in each table must be unique RRS feed

  • Question

  • Hi All,

    I'm importing customizations from one machine to another and it fails for two entities (custumized accoung and another custom entity).

    The error in the event log for both entities is :
    "Customization Import failed. Error: Column names in each table must be unique. Column name 'XXX' in table 'YYY' is specified more than once."

    In the case of the account it's XXX = 'new_CompanySEDOL' (a custom nvarchar attribute) and YYY = 'AccountExtensionBase'

    For the custom enitity (new_project) the values are XXX='new_ProjectYear' and YYY='new_projectExtensionBase' which is a picklist.

    Any ideas on why this is happening or how to prevent it would be most appreciated. 

    Thanks,
    Stefan
    Friday, July 24, 2009 8:58 AM

Answers

  • Hi Stefan,

    It seems some one made changes to your target environment and now your customizations are out of sync. I suggest if you made changes to datatypes of this fields, for now go in and revert ot the same data type or drop those columns from your target environmet.
    Regards,
    Chinmay
    http://metrix.blogspot.com
    Friday, July 24, 2009 9:33 AM

All replies

  • Hi Stefan,

    It seems some one made changes to your target environment and now your customizations are out of sync. I suggest if you made changes to datatypes of this fields, for now go in and revert ot the same data type or drop those columns from your target environmet.
    Regards,
    Chinmay
    http://metrix.blogspot.com
    Friday, July 24, 2009 9:33 AM
  • Yep! You're absolutely right. Deleting the attributes and re-importing did the trick. Thanks!
    Friday, July 24, 2009 9:59 AM
  • I had the same problem and I followed your instructions by deleting the attribute and importing the customized entity. Everything worked just fine. Thanks a lot.
    Monday, November 15, 2010 9:45 PM
  • Same issue we had, but I handled it differently. We had backed-up our production CRM 4.0 environment and imported it into our CRM 2011 dev environment. Made lots of changes to that to get everything to work, exported all the changes into a solution, then took another back-up of production and imported that again into CRM 2011. When we tried to import the solution it threw this error on multiple entities. Turns out between back-ups we had added additional new fields to CRM 4.0 production and then added them to our dev CRM 2011 environment. But the GUIDs associated with the new fields did not match, so it throws this error. Solution was to edit the customization.xml file and delete those fields so we would not lose the data that had been entered into the database for those fields.
    Friday, August 10, 2012 5:49 PM