IFD configuration with direct ip access RRS feed

• Question

• Hello everyone,

I am pretty new to CRM Deployment, and I have a deployment scenario in which I need some help. I need the CRM to be accessed outside of the domain. Unfortunately the company does not have a domain name registered, and they are not planning to get one. The CRM is currently accessible through the servers external IP address with http (I know it is very unsafe, it is only temporary while we are testing it). I am interested if it is possible to configure IFD in this scenario or registering a domain name is a necessity in that case. If it is not possible, I would also like to know if there are any risks in the current setup given it is used ONLY through VPN.

Thanks in advance,

Adam

Monday, April 22, 2013 8:46 AM

Answers

• Hello,

The risk is the similar risk exposed to VPN's! To the best of my knowledge it could not have more risks than a regular VPN. One more thing, the IFD I think is better than other methods. Using this method you could use the Outlook integrated with CRM from everywhere (inside and outside of company).

My Weblog -- My Website

Monday, April 22, 2013 9:03 PM

All replies

• Hello,

The risk is the similar risk exposed to VPN's! To the best of my knowledge it could not have more risks than a regular VPN. One more thing, the IFD I think is better than other methods. Using this method you could use the Outlook integrated with CRM from everywhere (inside and outside of company).

My Weblog -- My Website

Monday, April 22, 2013 9:03 PM
  • I'd rather go with IFD myself if that is possible, what I would like to know if it is possible to set it up in a situation where you do not have a registered external domain.
    Tuesday, April 23, 2013 9:15 AM