none
Vista won't activate RRS feed

• Question

• I installed Vista Ultimate on a computer that I built from scratch, it activated with no problems woorked great for four months then the hard drive crashed and I had to replace it, reinstalled Vista and it won't activate I use this computer for business so for me this is extremly important can anyone give me any ideas how to fix this.
    Monday, April 16, 2007 1:34 PM

Answers

• Please try phone activating and speak with a customer service representative when you're given the option. You can get started with phone activation by typing "slui.exe 4" in the search field in the Start Menu and pressing Enter.  The process takes about 6 minutes.  Thanks!
    Monday, April 16, 2007 10:22 PM

All replies

• Please try phone activating and speak with a customer service representative when you're given the option. You can get started with phone activation by typing "slui.exe 4" in the search field in the Start Menu and pressing Enter.  The process takes about 6 minutes.  Thanks!
    Monday, April 16, 2007 10:22 PM
  • I have tried that the phone system, it indicates that an error starts after the third group of numbers, and will go no further. I am located in Barbados an English speaking country in the caribbean sea we are not nor have we ever been part of latin America can some that actually speaks english please assist me? I'm extremly tired of calling Micrsoft and being put through to spanish speaking persons.
    Tuesday, April 17, 2007 1:53 PM
  • Unfortunately, I don't have more information that can help you with your issue since this forum is dedicated to validation issues.  You’ll need to contact outside support for the expertise necessary to troubleshoot your activation issue.  You can do so by posting or searching in the Vista pubic newsgroups, found here: http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/default.mspx or by following this link to Product Support Services.  Microsoft has a 90 day free support period that starts on the day you first acquire Vista. 

If you bought your computer pre-installed with Vista either from a computer store or an original equipment manufacturer (OEM) like Dell or Gateway, you’ll need to contact them for support.

I've forwarded the fact that Barbados is incorrectly mapped to Spanish language phone activation to the proper group at Microsoft and I'll be following up with them shortly.  Thanks and good luck

Friday, April 20, 2007 12:28 AM
  • The north american activation call center telephone number is 1-888-571-2048.

If you dial the english line, you will get an automated system that can take the numbers, and if that does not work properly, you will be transferred to someone who speaks English.

Saturday, April 21, 2007 4:32 AM