none
Sync SQL Server 2016 using MS Sync RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, i'm trying to follow the instructions on how to sync SQL Server database here Provisioning a SQL Compact Client but can't even get it done since i'm running into dll problems.

Could not load file or assembly 'System.Data.SqlServerCe, Version=3.5.1.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=89845dcd8080cc91' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040)

This error maybe due to the fact that i have a higher version of dll installed since i can't even install the Sql Server CE Runtime, it says a have a later version of it. But anyway, before i continue troubleshooting all of this issues i'm getting i want to ask if MS Sync Framework can still even Sync SQL Server 2014 database even if the framework isn't supported by Microsoft anymore. 

Microsoft listed the requirement in using MS Sync HERE but i need clarification. 

"Sync Framework includes providers that support the ability to synchronize SQL Server Compact 3.5 SP2, SQL Server 2005 SP2, SQL Server 2008, SQL Server 2008 R2, and . Sync Framework also supports the ability to synchronize a database that has a corresponding ADO.NET provider."

What does this mean=> Sync Framework also supports the ability to synchronize a database that has a corresponding ADO.NET provider.

Monday, August 7, 2017 8:22 PM

All replies

• the SqlSyncProvider should work with both SQLServer 2014 and 2016. As for your SQL CE issue, the SqlCeSyncProvider only works with SQL CE 3.5. You will have to do a binding redirect to get it to work with SQL CE 4 (see this link
    Tuesday, August 8, 2017 3:20 AM
  • Thanks. I'll study the link you gave. Maybe it will solve the dll issue since the sqlserver ce is looking for version 3.5 and i am using a 4.0. 
    Tuesday, August 8, 2017 4:24 AM