I installed my new windows live one care but........ RRS feed

• Question

•  

I just installed my new windows live one care because my old one was to expire in 5 days. I went through all the steps but it is still showing me in the yellow and that it will expire in 5 days. Whats going on?
    Tuesday, February 12, 2008 3:12 PM

Answers

•  

You did not need to uninstall/reinstall. You simply needed to renew with the retail key.

Now that you reinstalled, by activating with the same LiveID, the new install inherited the subscription status of the existing subscription and you were not prompted for payment or a retail PIN/Key.

Go to http://billing.microsoft.com and sign in with your subscription LiveID. (Open OneCare and click help/about to view the subscription LiveID)

Select the OneCare subscription and click on the renew link.

Choose the option to renew with a prepaid PIN or token which is the retail product key.

Enter the 25 character key and proceed.

It can take up to 24 hours for the subscription status to be updated in OneCare.

-steve

Tuesday, February 12, 2008 4:52 PM

All replies

• are you using a trial version?

Tuesday, February 12, 2008 3:15 PM
  •  

You did not need to uninstall/reinstall. You simply needed to renew with the retail key.

Now that you reinstalled, by activating with the same LiveID, the new install inherited the subscription status of the existing subscription and you were not prompted for payment or a retail PIN/Key.

Go to http://billing.microsoft.com and sign in with your subscription LiveID. (Open OneCare and click help/about to view the subscription LiveID)

Select the OneCare subscription and click on the renew link.

Choose the option to renew with a prepaid PIN or token which is the retail product key.

Enter the 25 character key and proceed.

It can take up to 24 hours for the subscription status to be updated in OneCare.

-steve

Tuesday, February 12, 2008 4:52 PM
  • We have this same issue. When we look at our subscription dates on the billing page, it says my subscription expires in February of 09 but on the one care screen it says it expires in 4 days and has a red at risk. The billing page also shows both product key numbers from the original purchase and the new version so we are sure we have properly installed and put in the correct key number.
    Any advice would be appreciated.

Wednesday, February 13, 2008 12:06 AM
  • The following is "boilerplate" text for this issue, nancyrum, You've already done part of this.

If your subscription to OneCare shows expired in OneCare

If your subscription is correctly shown at the Billing site, but incorrect in OneCare and your PC date and time are correct, please contact support.

How to reach support (FAQ) - http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2421771&SiteID=2

-steve

Wednesday, February 13, 2008 1:09 AM