none
Last Reply date/time stamp incorrect RRS feed

• Question

• In the past two days I have noticed that when traversing to My Alerts page that one of the 'last reply' date-time stamps are incorrect.

For example, a thread shows the last reply was 2 hours 31 minutes ago both when viewing from My Alerts page and also when opening the thread but the actual last reply was 17 minutes ago.

This is not for all threads but one and not always the same one. The last one happened under Visual Basic General Forum (not sure what the prior one was).

Top portion of image shows thread closed, bottom expanded

KSG

Friday, December 14, 2012 12:07 PM

Answers

All replies

• See this thread http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en/reportabug/thread/32958cb1-7aaf-44a3-a579-8ec0e01ea719

I reported this problem to fissues, the bug is logged.

I hope they will fix it ASAP as it makes working with forums again very hard.

For every expert, there is an equal and opposite expert. - Becker's Law

My blog

Friday, December 14, 2012 1:59 PM
  • I see a similar problem in the Directory Services forum. This is what I now see on the main page:

However, the thread labeled "LDAP Query in Active Directory - NPS Network Policy Attribute" acually has 4, not 2 replies, and the last reply is dated 3 hours 10 minutes ago, not 7 hours 33 minutes. See this screen shot of the last reply:

Richard Mueller - MVP Directory Services

Friday, December 14, 2012 2:09 PM
  • See this thread http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en/reportabug/thread/32958cb1-7aaf-44a3-a579-8ec0e01ea719

I reported this problem to fissues, the bug is logged.

I hope they will fix it ASAP as it makes working with forums again very hard.

My blog

Naomi, Thanks, tried to mark this as answered as my my objective was to report the issue. When trying to mark as answered I get the infamous unexpected error.

KSG

Friday, December 14, 2012 2:47 PM
  • Yes, I guessed so :( I didn't get the credit either - try voting it then.

BTW, I was about to report this problem again - this is what I see in the 'Suggestions and Feedback forum', however, if you open the first thread you'll notice it has a reply. This was the case yesterday and it is still a problem today. In other words, some replies never show up!

My blog

Friday, December 14, 2012 2:58 PM
  • None of my replies seem to get reflected on the forum main pages, even after refresh and a long wait. I see this has happened to several other people. The activity does show up in my profile, however.

Richard Mueller - MVP Directory Services

Friday, December 14, 2012 3:39 PM
  • After I wrote my last reply about not being able to mark this as resolved I came back and it was marked, go figure.

KSG

Friday, December 14, 2012 4:16 PM
  • It is part of the different bug about which I first complained more than 2 months ago and which is not resolved still. Quite often when you try to propose or mark an answer of a person with big amount of points (>35K), you get the 'Unexpected error'. The post then marked as answered/proposed, but no history will be shown and that person who's answer you marked will not get points for that or have this activity listed in profile.

I've been affected by this bug a lot and many of my answers were marked, but I never got my points for them.

Edit to make the number of replies show correctly.

My blog

Friday, December 14, 2012 6:59 PM