Populating parent record notes data into child entity in MSCRM 2011 RRS feed

• Question

• HI,

I have a requirement like I need to popalte the parent entity multiline of text data into child entity multiline of text.

For eaxmple I have field in Account entity new_checkedfiles which is a multiline of text .
    In Contact entiy I had same field name new_checkedfiles when I open the parent entity do some testing enterring  the some text in new_checkedfiles(Account Entity) and save the record and open the contact entity I need to auoto populate the same text in child entity new_checkedfiles(contact).

Please let me know how will I resolve this.

Thanks,

Thanks, Toushu

Wednesday, November 13, 2013 2:04 PM

Answers

• You could create a field mapping from Account to Contact for this field: Create A New Field Mapping

This will work if you create the Contact from within the Account. If you create the Contact and then choose the related Account you would need to use a workflow or JavaScipt/plugin to populate the value.

Jason Lattimer
    My Blog -  Follow me on Twitter -  LinkedIn

Wednesday, November 13, 2013 2:16 PM

All replies

• You could create a field mapping from Account to Contact for this field: Create A New Field Mapping

This will work if you create the Contact from within the Account. If you create the Contact and then choose the related Account you would need to use a workflow or JavaScipt/plugin to populate the value.

Jason Lattimer
    My Blog -  Follow me on Twitter -  LinkedIn

Wednesday, November 13, 2013 2:16 PM
  • Jason

Thanks for quick response...

Thanks, Toushu

Wednesday, November 13, 2013 2:35 PM