none
Technet moderators

Question

• Hi All,

what can I do if I disagree with a moderator, let's say I propose my post as an answer and the moderator disagree when the person who posted the question says "I marked your post as answer" (but he didn't apparently)?

Thanks

Ale

You wouldn't demand your Doctor a therapy just because you told him "I don't feel very well"
    You wouldn't expect your accountant to know how much your taxes are just because you told him "I have earned some money"
    Do not expect any IT Pro to suggest you a solution just because you said "It doesn't work"

• Moved by Mike Kinsman Tuesday, March 31, 2015 5:36 PM forums issue
    Wednesday, March 25, 2015 6:58 PM

Answers

• Hi Ale,

Yeah, I can certainly understand your frustration. I don't know if I'd go so far as to call that an 'abuse', but I definitely see where you're coming from.

The best thing I've ever done is allow myself to stop caring about point counts or if a post of mine that is clearly an answer is actually marked as such. All I really care about is that I was able to learn/practice something and that there is a good answer somewhere in the thread for when a future person finds it, even if it's not clearly marked as 'the answer'.

Generally a moderator will comb through the threads a few weeks down the line and 9 times out of 10 they will end up marking the post as an answer anyway (at least in several of the forums I frequent).

Just as a side note - I'd suggest creating any future threads like this over in the Forums Issues forum. This forum is meant for feedback on the TechNet website and defunct subscription program.

Don't retire TechNet! - (Don't give up yet - 13,225+ strong and growing)

• Marked as answer by aperelli Wednesday, March 25, 2015 8:33 PM
    Wednesday, March 25, 2015 8:29 PM

All replies

• Hi,

There's not really anything you can do, outside of voicing your opinion.

You'll find that many moderators and regular contributors do not approve of anyone self-proposing.

Wednesday, March 25, 2015 7:03 PM
  • Thanks, I think that was just abusive. I was just trying to contribute, aiming to MVP maybe. This is just frustrating, the person who started the thread had the intention to mark my post as an answer, all MVPs on that thread told him that what he was trying to achieve was not possible from the command line which was totally untrue. When I posted the solution the customer said "I marked this as answer" but he didn't, so I self-proposed and the guy just dropped it, I asked why. No answer so far.

Isn't this an abuse? I'll continue posting (maybe), great way to learn being here, but Italy forums might be frustrating if that's what happens and I have no way to complain. I'm not gonna flood a thread whining.

This happened not just on that post (well just 2/3 threads).

Cheers,

Ale 

You wouldn't demand your Doctor a therapy just because you told him "I don't feel very well"
    You wouldn't expect your accountant to know how much your taxes are just because you told him "I have earned some money"
    Do not expect any IT Pro to suggest you a solution just because you said "It doesn't work"

Wednesday, March 25, 2015 7:12 PM
  • Hi Ale,

Yeah, I can certainly understand your frustration. I don't know if I'd go so far as to call that an 'abuse', but I definitely see where you're coming from.

The best thing I've ever done is allow myself to stop caring about point counts or if a post of mine that is clearly an answer is actually marked as such. All I really care about is that I was able to learn/practice something and that there is a good answer somewhere in the thread for when a future person finds it, even if it's not clearly marked as 'the answer'.

Generally a moderator will comb through the threads a few weeks down the line and 9 times out of 10 they will end up marking the post as an answer anyway (at least in several of the forums I frequent).

Just as a side note - I'd suggest creating any future threads like this over in the Forums Issues forum. This forum is meant for feedback on the TechNet website and defunct subscription program.

• Marked as answer by aperelli Wednesday, March 25, 2015 8:33 PM
    Wednesday, March 25, 2015 8:29 PM

• The best thing I've ever done is allow myself to stop caring about point counts or if a post of mine that is clearly an answer is actually marked as such. All I really care about is that I was able to learn/practice something and that there is a good answer somewhere in the thread for when a future person finds it, even if it's not clearly marked as 'the answer'.

I totally agree.

I'll post further issues where you suggested.

Thanks again.

Ale

Wednesday, March 25, 2015 8:32 PM
  • Cheers, you're very welcome.

Keep on contributing, we need all the good people we can get.

Welcome to the community. =]

Wednesday, March 25, 2015 8:36 PM