error message RRS feed

• Question

• Error message just states windows live one care encountered a problem and may not be protecting this computer please contact the help center .....and I am not sure what this means please respond ASAP thanks jennifer   

Wednesday, November 5, 2008 10:41 PM

Answers

• This can also happen if the date and time on the PC are incorrect. Check that first. If it is wrong (check month, day, year, hour, minutes and time zone), fix it and reboot.

-steve

Thursday, November 6, 2008 2:29 AM

All replies

• Hello Jennifer, this error means one or more One Care modules are not functioning correctly. It would be best to contact support for help with this. How to reach support - http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2421771&SiteID=2

Wednesday, November 5, 2008 11:03 PM
  • This can also happen if the date and time on the PC are incorrect. Check that first. If it is wrong (check month, day, year, hour, minutes and time zone), fix it and reboot.

-steve

Thursday, November 6, 2008 2:29 AM
  • Thank you Stephen I do belive that was the problem again thank you .....Jenn

Thursday, November 6, 2008 3:08 PM
  • You're welcome. I continually wonder why OneCare can't simply do a check of the system time against the PC region settings and the Internet time servers and correct the time or offer to, at least.

-steve

Thursday, November 6, 2008 4:36 PM