none
There is a need for an IOS app to scan for Windows maleware

Question

• Recently there have been security issues where Windows maleware piggybacks on AppleStore apps.  When someone with an iPhone downloads an app the windows malware piggybacks.  It causes no problem on the iPhone.  However, if that person uses a Windows computer, iTunes is required to backup the iPhone.  During the backup maleware can be transited into Windows.   Apple does not check for Windows malware.

What is required  to prevent this is an IOS application which scans for Windows malware.   Obviously Apple developers are not very interested in solving this problem.  Windows developers are focused on only Windows platforms.  So no one is addressing the problem at the present time.  The so-called major security software vendors are not interested either; their focus is on Apple users and Windows users, not hybrid users, and Apple keeps refusing to give them the information they would need to tackle the problem.

If anyone is interested in this problem, it could prove to be an entry into the security software space.  Develop software which scsns for Windows Maleware on a cross-platform basis.  Because pirates are getting smarter every day. The first problem to solve is getting Apple to release the information required for a developer to work on it; I suggest a request and then a lawsuit would do the trick - apple would comply or would go down as opposing security - a critical National interest at this time.

Sunday, October 02, 2016 4:55 AM

Answers

All replies

• You should post this in the Microsoft answers forums also

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect

Sunday, October 02, 2016 10:36 AM
  • The so-called major security software vendors are not interested either; their focus is on Apple users and Windows users, not hybrid users, and Apple keeps refusing to give them the information they would need to tackle the problem.

I somehow doubt that. I am pretty sure there is a sizeable chunk of iOS users who use windows for personal computers. Businesses come to mind when going for such an example. I know a lot of employees using iphones paired with windows PC, so this kind of flaw probably is tackled by most antivirus software companies, but probably not in their free solutions (which you should never use unless you are a power user and know your way around stuff).

Sunday, October 02, 2016 10:48 AM