Windows 7 Build 7601 This copy of Windows in not genuine RRS feed

• Question

• Last friday sept 1st i was on the face book page, and saw a link to the worlds largest pac man site.  I wanted to see it but not play it.  During the change from one site to another a site poped up babylon and took ovver the pc, i could not shut down the pc nothing worked until i turned of the wireless switch on my laptop.  i rebooted and uninstalled anything that had babylon associated with it, ran a virus and spyware scan on it and they found nothing.  After the scans i get the dreded message at the title of my question.  I bought my software (windows 7) directly from the Microsoft store.  I have used it for a year with no problems.  I have installed the service pack one on it.  When i try to update the product key i get (Microsoft has blocked that key)  Why would they do it.  Is it because i installed service pack one.  I dont know what to do now, and i have less than 22 days left before it shuts down.  I figure my only option is to reinstall windows 7 fresh and new.  The software to validate the installed software also calls the software not genuine.  

Any Ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Crying in SC

Jim Bob

Friday, September 9, 2011 4:28 AM

Answers

• "JimBobSC" wrote in message news:41bbf21d-ecd6-46bc-9bf2-466d2ee77bd7...

Last friday sept 1st i was on the face book page, and saw a link to the worlds largest pac man site.  I wanted to see it but not play it.  During the change from one site to another a site poped up babylon and took ovver the pc, i could not shut down the pc nothing worked until i turned of the wireless switch on my laptop.  i rebooted and uninstalled anything that had babylon associated with it, ran a virus and spyware scan on it and they found nothing.  After the scans i get the dreded message at the title of my question.  I bought my software (windows 7) directly from the Microsoft store.  I have used it for a year with no problems.  I have installed the service pack one on it.  When i try to update the product key i get (Microsoft has blocked that key)  Why would they do it.  Is it because i installed service pack one.  I dont know what to do now, and i have less than 22 days left before it shuts down.  I figure my only option is to reinstall windows 7 fresh and new.  The software to validate the installed software also calls the software not genuine. 

Crying in SC

Jim Bob

To properly analyse and solve problems with Activation and Validation, we need to see a full copy of the report produced by the MGADiag tool (download and save to desktop - http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=52012 )
    Once saved, run the tool.
    Click on the Continue button, which will produce the report.
    To copy the report to your response, click on the Copy button in the tool (ignore any error messages at this point), and then paste (using either r-click/Paste, or Ctrl+V ) into your response.
    - IN YOUR OWN THREAD, please

Noel Paton | Nil Carborundum Illegitemi | CrashFixPC | The Three-toed Sloth
    • Marked as answer by Darin Smith MS Monday, September 12, 2011 10:28 PM
    Friday, September 9, 2011 5:55 AM

All replies

• "JimBobSC" wrote in message news:41bbf21d-ecd6-46bc-9bf2-466d2ee77bd7...

Last friday sept 1st i was on the face book page, and saw a link to the worlds largest pac man site.  I wanted to see it but not play it.  During the change from one site to another a site poped up babylon and took ovver the pc, i could not shut down the pc nothing worked until i turned of the wireless switch on my laptop.  i rebooted and uninstalled anything that had babylon associated with it, ran a virus and spyware scan on it and they found nothing.  After the scans i get the dreded message at the title of my question.  I bought my software (windows 7) directly from the Microsoft store.  I have used it for a year with no problems.  I have installed the service pack one on it.  When i try to update the product key i get (Microsoft has blocked that key)  Why would they do it.  Is it because i installed service pack one.  I dont know what to do now, and i have less than 22 days left before it shuts down.  I figure my only option is to reinstall windows 7 fresh and new.  The software to validate the installed software also calls the software not genuine. 

Crying in SC

Jim Bob

To properly analyse and solve problems with Activation and Validation, we need to see a full copy of the report produced by the MGADiag tool (download and save to desktop - http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=52012 )
    Once saved, run the tool.
    Click on the Continue button, which will produce the report.
    To copy the report to your response, click on the Copy button in the tool (ignore any error messages at this point), and then paste (using either r-click/Paste, or Ctrl+V ) into your response.
    - IN YOUR OWN THREAD, please

Noel Paton | Nil Carborundum Illegitemi | CrashFixPC | The Three-toed Sloth
    • Marked as answer by Darin Smith MS Monday, September 12, 2011 10:28 PM
    Friday, September 9, 2011 5:55 AM
  • No reply from the Original Poster.

Issue is assumed to be resolved.

Darin MS
    Monday, September 12, 2011 10:28 PM