Change Detection RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I don't know if it's just me... but I've noticed that live mesh sometimes either takes a long time to detect that I've made a change to a file, more rarely, it seems to not detect any changes. At other times, it seems to detect changes immediately. Is there anything I can do to make it more reliable? Does this relate to any kind of system or network settings?

Thanks,

Mike

Thursday, January 29, 2009 8:43 AM

Answers

• Hi Mike,

There are currently no settings that you can fiddle with to make file changes more responsive - Live Mesh delays the detection of file changes (instead of handling it immediately) in case you do further changes to the file (imagine a text file that you are editing and constantly saving, there is no point in immediately syncing each change - at least not until Live Mesh supports chunked uploads).

That said, if you have encountered times / files that do not sync changes then that's a bug, and you should probably collect your logs from around that time and submit a bug detailing exactly what you were doing (instructions here).

Cheers,

Oren

Thursday, January 29, 2009 1:51 PM