none
Saving BSNL Bandwidth RRS feed

• Question

• hi guys,

its like, only 18 days and i have run out of my free data usage limit....i havent even used much and still its over...

What are the ways by which i can save on my bandwidth?..any browsing related tips would also be useful..

Friday, May 18, 2007 11:39 AM

Answers

• don watch online videos...and disable the auto-updatesin ur softwares...and wat is the plan which u r currently in?
    Friday, May 18, 2007 4:12 PM
  • Whenever u signout of hotmail, the page redirects to www.msn.com .. such pages contain live video ads.. so close it immediately...
    Saturday, May 19, 2007 5:20 PM
  • disable images in ur browser in firefox thats easy.
    Sunday, May 20, 2007 5:52 AM
  • @jaykumar, i have startup 250 plan....

@raghuram, i have doing that msn thing....

@sundar..dont you think switchng offf the images would make the browsing dull....

Monday, May 21, 2007 12:02 PM

All replies

• don watch online videos...and disable the auto-updatesin ur softwares...and wat is the plan which u r currently in?
    Friday, May 18, 2007 4:12 PM
  • @ jayakumar  ...... ya disabling auto download is a better option ...

Regards
    Mohan

Friday, May 18, 2007 4:15 PM
  • Whenever u signout of hotmail, the page redirects to www.msn.com .. such pages contain live video ads.. so close it immediately...
    Saturday, May 19, 2007 5:20 PM
  • disable images in ur browser in firefox thats easy.
    Sunday, May 20, 2007 5:52 AM
  • @jaykumar, i have startup 250 plan....

@raghuram, i have doing that msn thing....

@sundar..dont you think switchng offf the images would make the browsing dull....

Monday, May 21, 2007 12:02 PM
  • switching off images is a bad idea...instead u cud block the flash contents...
    Monday, May 21, 2007 12:30 PM
  • If you are using firefox you can use Adblock extension to block Flash ads. That will reduce a lot of bw usage.

Also you can try 'Stop autoplay' extension. It claims to stop autoplay of embedded videos (like those in msn.com). It's at

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/1765

NoScript extension will stop unnecessary elements being added to the page via Javascript.. It also enhances your security manyfolds...

Monday, June 11, 2007 3:17 PM
  • The best is to reduce the speed of the connection.. BSNL gives such a high speed that you will loose many data in just fraction of minutes without notice..

so try to block or limit the internet speed.. this way you will be able to save lots of data.. for surfing the 128 speed is more than enough, and when you are downloading, you can change the setting again...

there are many ways to control the speed, many softwares allows you to do so.. but i m not aware of it because i never required to do it.. best is to use the unlimited plan for internet
    Monday, June 11, 2007 3:56 PM
  • Hey man you can use DUMETER its really nice so that you can keep monitoring your data thats coming in and going out. You can also catch suspicious activities.

Also use NET LIMITER, its really awesome software, it allows you to limit (CAP) the speeds of each and every software that access the net.
    Monday, June 11, 2007 5:01 PM