• Question

• Hi All,

am getting below error when i want to create new Notes in CRM 2013 online

The specified record type does not exist in Microsoft dynamics CRM

Thanks

Friday, December 13, 2013 11:24 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Please share your code with which you are trying to create a note.

Looking at the message it seems, that the entity type for the relevant entity is not correct.

Thanks & Regards,

Anubhav Bajpai

Friday, December 13, 2013 12:15 PM
  • HI Anubhav ,

I dint use any code for this

Friday, December 13, 2013 4:54 PM
  • Some customization that you have done must have broken the references. If you  have a backup of customizations that was working then try importing it and work back to figure the cause (Check sitemap and any DB changes).

If my response helps you in finding your answer then please click 'Mark as Answer' and 'Vote as Helpful'

Friday, December 13, 2013 8:38 PM
  • Hi,

Is your issue still there?

Sometimes it happens, when a record is in the process of some transaction for a specific record being executed, in your case on Online CRM, the record id for the note is might not be available at that moment.

In case if it is still there please share the details of the error message along with the details of the entity(system or custom?) for which note is being created.

Thanks & Regards,

Anubhav Bajpai

Monday, December 16, 2013 5:30 AM
  • Hi Anubhav,

we dint do any customisations for notes entity

we just added notes entity to sitemap

thanks

Monday, December 16, 2013 6:58 AM
  • Hi,

I understand that you did not do any coding, I was asking for the details of the error message. 

Provide the screenshot of

1. the screen where you get the error message
    2. the notes entity addition in the sitemap

Without proper inputs/details of the issue, it becomes difficult to give resolution at first hand. I would really appreciate that you provide necessary information so that we are also able to provide required resolution to the issue.

Thanks & Regards,

Anubhav Bajpai

Monday, December 16, 2013 8:44 AM
  • Hi

Please find the below screenshot

Monday, December 16, 2013 9:59 AM
  • Hi,

Thanks for providing the screenshot.

So, are you trying to create system entity "Notes" record independently without being associated to any record?

The "Notes" entity expects related attributes arguments to be passed while showing the new form itself. 

Let me know in case you need help in the attributes.

Thanks & Regards,

Anubhav Bajpai

Monday, December 16, 2013 10:24 AM
  • Yes i am trying to create system entity "Notes" record independently without being associated to any record.

please let me know how can i solve this

Monday, December 16, 2013 11:08 AM
  • Check all the plugin and custom workflow ,Action which register on notes entity 

ms crm

Monday, December 16, 2013 1:02 PM
  • Hi

Nothing is related to notes(No Customizations,no work flows,no actions)

I just added Notes entity to sitemap other than that i dint add any Customizations or work flows or actions

Tuesday, December 17, 2013 4:41 AM
  • I agree, the Notes dialog does expect that the Regarding value to be supplied when opening the notes form. In CRM Online (2015) I have created an Action process where the Entity is set to None (global) and was not able to set properties on a Create step for a Note.

Here's the process creation options:

Process name: Test Notes

Category: Action

Entity: None (global)

This is the error I get when I try to set the Properties on the Create: Note step, "Query Builder Error The specified record type does not exist in Microsoft Dynamics CRM".

If I instead create the Action where I do specify an Entity during creation (e.g. Opportunity or anything else) then I am able to add the Create Note step and successfully set the properties.  And, when doing so I see as expected that the Regarding field on the Note is automatically set to the entity specified during creation.

Feels like a bug to me... Somehow you would need to specify something as the regarding object when creating the note.

Friday, June 19, 2015 6:06 PM