Blackberry Unite RRS feed

• Question

• Anyone tried to install the Blackberry unite software on their WHS yet?  I am considering it but I already know there will be a port conflict I have to fix. 

Michael
    Friday, September 19, 2008 7:08 PM

Answers

• I've installed it 5 days ago and it works perfectly (as far as I can tell, anyway) .  No port conflicts that I have experienced !  What were you expecting to conflict ?

Rgds

Dwayne
    Monday, September 29, 2008 2:57 PM

All replies

• I was going to do it this past weekend but after reading about all the problems people were having with it I decided I wasn't going to do it after all. I'll keep an eye on the software hoping that RIM will improve it and maybe then I'll install it. I really like the idea but just don't think its worth the risk right now.
    Friday, September 26, 2008 1:30 AM
  • I've installed it 5 days ago and it works perfectly (as far as I can tell, anyway) .  No port conflicts that I have experienced !  What were you expecting to conflict ?

Rgds

Dwayne
    Monday, September 29, 2008 2:57 PM
  • Well in reading about it, I thought it provided a web page interface that was on port 8080.  If that is the case, then it would interfear with the home page for the WHS.  So if you go to xxx.homeserver.com it would go to the logon page, but you would not be able to see the BB unite page.  Did you get an option to change it's port or homepage location or are you able to get to that webpage?
    Monday, September 29, 2008 3:53 PM
  • Unite is on port 8080.  For me, my home server is on port 80.

going to my xxx.homeserver.com address takes me to my homeserver login page (as expected).

Unite cannot be administered by anything other than accessing it with a browser on the localhost (i.e. you need to remote desktop to your WHS box to administer Unite).

I hope that answers your question.

Rgds

Dwayne
    Tuesday, September 30, 2008 4:11 PM