Modify default wording and links for scheduled Live Meeting or Conf Call RRS feed

• Question

•  

Is there a way to modify the the default wording/content for the Live Meeting and Conference Call templates?

I have a situation where remote users in over ~100 locations utilize Citrix over the WAN for all Office applications.  Due to the requirement for Audio/Video conferencing, Live Meeting and Communicator are installed locally.  The challenge is training very non-technical end users how to join a meeting with the copy/paste method.  I would like to be able to do one of the following:

1 (preferred, not sure it's possible):  Configure the IDs in AD to connect the Client Drives @ logon.  Create a new link to execute the appropriate application on the local drive, and join the meeting.

2: If #1 is not possible, add instructions for Citrix users on how to join the meeting.

Tuesday, September 16, 2008 9:17 PM

All replies

• This is a popular question today.     Unfortunately the text is hard coded into the Outlook plugin and therefore cannot be changed.  However, there are at least a couple other ways to accomplish what you need:

- Give the user a clickable reminder via IM (Communicator). You could fire these in the same manner as Outlook, complete with snooze, etc.  This can also be extended to all meeting reminders, which would be convenient if some or all users do not always have the Citrix window up and therefore miss reminders.

- Install a custom plugin on your Citrix server(s) that enables the link in the Live Meeting invitation and sends it as an IM to the user's Communicator client when they click it in Outlook.

There may be some other options as well depending on your environment and desired functionality.  Let me know if you are interested in something like that - we can definitely help.

Tuesday, September 16, 2008 10:28 PM