This product is Terrible. OneCare should be in Beta or given away. Resource hog. RRS feed

• Question

•  

I wish I could get my money back on this product,  No option to keep that stupid banner minimized each time Windows starts,  doesn't play well with other products (Adaware) ,  I need Adaware because my system was running a bit slow so I did a complete scan and OneCar and Defender found no issues,  I ran Adaware and had level 10 worm which Adaware removed and my system is much faster.  OneCare has trouble during my backup to my WorldBook and can't complete the backup,  I have plenty of space, but OneCare cant find the device after about 10 minutes of moving files to it,  I can browse it fine, but OneCare doesn't see.  I could go on forever about this terrible product,  It was great for about the first 2 months then who knows what happened.  I only use it because I paid for it.  I have other friends who said it wasn't for them,  I now understand.  I even tried to remove and when it launches IE to give your feedback the URL isn't even active.   I need to get more familiar with OpenSource and stay away from any Microsoft products,  their just like the oil companies they know you need them and don't need to put out the best products.  Well I'm finished ranting.....
    Saturday, May 3, 2008 4:10 PM

Answers

• You can contact support for a refund. How to reach support - http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2421771&SiteID=2

I don't know what banner you see at Windows startup but One Care does not use a splash screen. If One Care is displaying a warning message or an action item it may be due to the conflict between One Care and AdAware. Most likely neither One Care or AdAware are working properly and one or the other must be uninstalled. Your backup issue can be easily resolved by contacting support ( see link above ). If you would like to familiarize yourself with open source software this would be a good place to start - http://sourceforge.net/

Saturday, May 3, 2008 6:09 PM