How to migrate OCS 2007 from one box to another in production RRS feed

• Question

• I'm new to the server game, and i'm going to have to migrate Office Communication Server from an old p4 to a rack server....

Are there any special steps or tools that i need to know about, or is it as simple as ghosting from one server to another?

Thursday, December 20, 2007 5:03 PM

Answers

•  

There is nothing complicated with this, just install the new server, create a new pool, test the system with a user homed on that pool. once you are happy just move the users over to the new pool, before you remove your old server change all the DNS settings for auto signon to point to the new pool, don't forget if you are using a edge server to change the settings on that server so that it trusts and sees the new server as the next hop.

Also this approach is good as you do not need to migrate everyone at once, all users on both server will be able to see each other and work with each other.

Hope this help

blackduke

Sunday, December 23, 2007 2:48 PM

All replies

• I think that you can do that without problems... but what version of OCS are you using?

You can install other server and move all users to the nem server.

Just remember to change the DNS (sipinternaltls) to the new server.

Regards,

Emerson

Friday, December 21, 2007 5:56 PM
  •  

There is nothing complicated with this, just install the new server, create a new pool, test the system with a user homed on that pool. once you are happy just move the users over to the new pool, before you remove your old server change all the DNS settings for auto signon to point to the new pool, don't forget if you are using a edge server to change the settings on that server so that it trusts and sees the new server as the next hop.

Also this approach is good as you do not need to migrate everyone at once, all users on both server will be able to see each other and work with each other.

Hope this help

blackduke

Sunday, December 23, 2007 2:48 PM
  •  

OCS SE
    Monday, January 7, 2008 4:15 PM
  • Hi 

How does the certificate migration work 
    In the install of OCS setup where you configure the certificate go ahead with this part of the setup. (Using internal CA)

Afterwards I guess de-installing the old server will remove the cert...

Unsure..
    Cheers
    Imranhere2
    Thursday, October 16, 2008 10:45 PM
  • You wouldn't migrate the certificate from the old OCS server to the new one.
    Instead, you'd request a new certificate for your new OCS server from your internal CA that matches the computer name and FQDN of that server as part of the deployment process.
    Friday, October 17, 2008 1:38 PM
  • Thanks ver much . Much appreciated
    Monday, October 20, 2008 1:29 AM